Burners in Japan

The place to discuss unofficial events, meetups, and gatherings around the world.
Zephryus

Burners in Japan

Post by Zephryus » Sun Mar 07, 2004 1:27 pm

Hi Everyone,

This is a general call for any burners on this forum who are currently residing in Japan. Please introduce yourselves!

ldandha

Post by ldandha » Tue May 18, 2004 7:42 am

yes, yes, yes! i'm here, too. and coming back to the playa this year, first time in three years.

what else?

Zephryus

Post by Zephryus » Tue May 18, 2004 9:21 am

Holy shit! I'd given up on this thread. I'm in Tokyo. Where are you located?

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Thu May 20, 2004 7:42 am

I used to live in Japan. Yokosuka, 12 years, courtesy Uncle Sam's Canoe Club. I miss it very much, Japan that is, not the usn.

Sigh, I'll slink off to my current region now ....

Anti M

spclblend

TKO

Post by spclblend » Sat May 22, 2004 6:11 am

Hey there, ran around TKO for years but never actually lived there. Used to know poeple from Las Chicas Shibuya, Kotobuki Dinner in Hiroo, but when any of you guys make to BM this year come by the Philadelphia Experiment. It would be great to rap with you.

Spclblend

Zephryus

Post by Zephryus » Sat May 22, 2004 6:21 am

Will do.

adania

Oops!

Post by adania » Sun May 23, 2004 1:07 am

Oh my goodness! I have never visited ePlaya before... sorry!
But i am currently the Japan Regional Contact (although this will hopefully change by this year's burn as i am moving away from Japan indefinitely)
You can join the announce list by emailing [email protected] with a subscribe request. (There aren't really any announcements these days.)

There are several burners in the Tokyo area, including Vincent Huang who is a photographer that made an excellent book of Burning Man photography (available in Japan), and an assortment of other excellent Japanese artists
I live in Kansai though, where there are very few burners, although i know a number of Japanese people in Kyoto and Osaka that have visited Burning Man at least once.

Vincent is hoping to send a couple Japanese hearses to the burn this year, so if you know anything useful about shipping Japanese cars through California, please let me know!

よろしくね!
esther

Badger

Post by Badger » Sun May 23, 2004 1:28 am

Esther,

Getting a car into California is a notoriously slow process - especially when it comes to California's very stringent pollution control regulations. Huge bonds requiring a lot of money are required to insure that the vehicle will get up to specifications. The bond is a monetary guarantee to insure that this will take place.

I might be off the mark here but if the vehicle in question is not one ordinarily imported into the US our Department of Transportation requires proof of crashworthiness which is another grueling process altogether. At this stage in the game I'm thinking that this is something that's probably not going to happen.

Having aid that don't take my waord as gospel. There may be ways around it that I'm not familiar with.
Desert dogs drink deep.

spclblend

Shipping cars

Post by spclblend » Sun May 23, 2004 5:26 am

ship it to a different state. Also talk to any of the importers listed in the gaijin magazines, Tokyo Classified (is it still in print?) they should have experience with grey imports.

Jonathan

Zephryus

Post by Zephryus » Sun May 23, 2004 7:35 am

Adania, how the heck did you get hiragana to show up in the post?

adania

日本語

Post by adania » Tue May 25, 2004 1:33 am

My computer can write Japanese... It's easy to set that up in windows XP.
見える?

DVD Burner
Burning Since: 1986
Camp Name: White Trash Camp

Post by DVD Burner » Tue May 25, 2004 1:41 am

it can be done in 98 and ME also.
https://www.facebook.com/NeXTCODER

Zephryus

Post by Zephryus » Tue May 25, 2004 2:40 am

Hai, miemasu yo. Demo, watashi no pasucon wa makku desu. Wapuro ni kana wo kakerareru. Intanetto ni kakerarenai.

For example:

????????????????????????????????????????????????

By the way, I'm here until late July. Anything going on before then that I should know about?

adania

subscribing to the announce-list

Post by adania » Thu Jun 03, 2004 11:11 pm

Um... sorry for being confusing, but to subscribe send a message to: [email protected]

[email protected] just goes to me at the moment.
:p

As for events this summer, nothing in particular is going on that i know of, but i'm sure some of the Tokyo burners are up to some fun sometime.
I plan to visit over there sometime in mid-August, before i leave the country, so maybe we'll have some fun then!

andrew

Post by andrew » Fri Jun 04, 2004 1:06 am

hey everyone!

i'm out in tokyo... there's a few burners here... getting everyone together is a tricky thing... everyone's so busy!

anyways, going to the burn this year... starting to plan... right after my trip to phuket! :-)

Zephryus: if you're available the week of june 14th, let's get together. email me.
andrew

Return to “Off-Playa Meetups”