Are there any Drum Corps Burners out there?

The place to discuss unofficial events, meetups, and gatherings around the world.
Petalford

Are there any Drum Corps Burners out there?

Post by Petalford » Thu Nov 11, 2004 11:31 am

Are there any Drum Corps Burners out there in the BBS world???
Playa road......, Take Me Home...to the place I belong......., Black Rock City....., in the Desert......take me home...., Playa Road.......

regynalonglank

Post by regynalonglank » Mon Nov 15, 2004 4:36 pm

i did flag and rifle in high school...does that count?
\v/

/ \

just listen to the drum

Petalford

Post by Petalford » Mon Nov 15, 2004 6:07 pm

Yes! What high school? There is a Sr. Drum & Bugle Corps in Sac, River City Regiment - I currently march, its really fun - interested in doing ti again????
Playa road......, Take Me Home...to the place I belong......., Black Rock City....., in the Desert......take me home...., Playa Road.......

Ohranje

Post by Ohranje » Thu Nov 18, 2004 5:28 pm

I marched in high school and in a B corp in the east until I was 21 - I loved it - I was the percussion section leader - and assistant drum major. Those were fun days.
Juicy Fruit Jim
The Information Fairy
Fairyland - by Playa Fairies
San Francisco, CA
www.playafairies.com
www.ohranje.com
2004 First Burn

Petalford

Post by Petalford » Thu Nov 18, 2004 5:53 pm

You know it doesn't have to stop at 21. You can march Sr. Corps = there are two locally - the SF Renegades and River City Regiment in Sacramento - you should check them out!

regynalonglank

Post by regynalonglank » Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:10 pm

Petalford wrote:Yes! What high school? There is a Sr. Drum & Bugle Corps in Sac, River City Regiment - I currently march, its really fun - interested in doing ti again????
I was captain of the flag corps at PK Yonge Lab School in Gainesville FL...but now i live in Northern California, about an hour north of San Francisco. i actually got some fabric the other day to make a rainbow flag, and i'm gonna get some pvc or something to make a pole...what do they make those things out of anyways? i don't remember! i want to twirl for the parade at the next burn, maybe we could do a choreography and learn it and practice on our own, and then when we get there we can do it together...wanna? i still have my rifle too :)
\v/

/ \

just listen to the drum

Petalford

Drum Corps

Post by Petalford » Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:49 pm

YES!!! I would love to do that - Hey - Your close to me now, I am about an hour North of SF too (Fairfield)

Why don't you join the Drum Corps in Sacramento - we could ride share - we are looking for members....

Come spin with us... BTW Fiberglass poles are all the rage - you can get them on-line at any colorguard shop

p.s. I still have my rifle, saber and swing flags Woohoo!

regynalonglank

Post by regynalonglank » Fri Dec 03, 2004 5:31 pm

man, this is where a body double would really come in handy. because that sounds like so much super fun. and i would love to do it. but i am crazy to be doing all the things i am doing now what with the three year old kid, the samba dancing, the singing thing, if i try to add more i think i may pop. but let's do something for the burn for sure. that i can handle!
\v/

/ \

just listen to the drum

Return to “Off-Playa Meetups”