It's that time again! The playa is wet now, but who knows what can happen in a month and a half ??
We had the event at our alternate spot adjacent to the playa a few years ago (best views in Nevada) and still had a great time.
If it *is* still a lake..... WATERSPORTS!!
FACEBOOK EVENT HERE
Join the Friends of Black Rock / High Rock, Nevada Outdoor School Americorps Program, Friends of Nevada Wilderness and Bureau of Land Management - Nevada in the Black Rock Desert for a weekend of camping, restoration, exploration, celebration, and education!
This is a Leave No Trace Center for Outdoor Ethics Camping Event. Come prepared. Bring all of your own food and water, and pack it out too. Lodging & RV rentals are also available nearby.
***If you know you will be attending this event, please RSVP. (It's a HUGE help towards coordination efforts.)***
• Speakers. Learn from the experts in the region
• Free "Kids Camp" hosted by Nevada Outdoor School
• Tours. Explore the area with knowledgeable guides
• Volunteer restoration projects.
• Rocket launches (not your hobby-store variety!)
• Citizen-science Spring Monitoring - get involved!
• Potluck and Dutch Oven Cook-Off
• Sunday night Playa Slam! Bring your guitar, sing along, or recite some Cowboy Poetry
***If we are unable to camp on the playa (which is likely) then our alternate camping spot will be at the top of Cassidy Mine Road.***
For more information, to volunteer, or RSVP for this event please contact our Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com