Dallas burners let's talk / rideshare / RV / co-drivers

The place to discuss unofficial events, meetups, and gatherings around the world.
HughMungus

Dallas burners let's talk / rideshare / RV / co-drivers

Post by HughMungus » Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:43 am

Seriously thinking about buying a used RV soon and driving up this year. I've done the drive before (30 hours) and don't want to do it alone and have to stop to sleep (with more drivers we could take turns driving and drive straight through). Interested in finding some other Dallas people (or others who can come to Dallas) who want to go with, maybe need a ride, etc. Camping together is optional.

Also, if there are any camps that want to add me to their caravan that would be good, too.

Another thing I want to find out is the timeframe -- that is, I can get off as much time as I want but wanted to find out when most of you can be away from work/home, etc.

So post below if you need a ride, want to ride along, want to go with us instead of driving yourself, etc., and what your dates are.

Thanks!
It's what you make it.

Ribbonsmick

Post by Ribbonsmick » Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:16 am

This will be my first burning man and I need a ride up there and could help with gas and driving a car. Also if it is not a problem would like to camp with you so I would at least kind of know someone when I get there. I can be in dallas any time when needed since I dont work.

occupant

Post by occupant » Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:22 pm

If I am able to go this year, I'll have to choose between driving my van of questionable mechanical integrity, or trading for another vehicle, or finding someone to ride with.

I have my eye on an '81 Vanagon camper, but it's $3500, about double what I could afford.

I'll know for sure by May what I'm doing, and I'll check back on this thread between now and then.

Return to “Off-Playa Meetups”