soylent

What do you eat and drink on the playa? Share ideas, recipes and advice here.
GroundStart
Burning Since: 2021
Camp Name: Kikakee

Re: soylent

Post by GroundStart » Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:09 pm

Heh. I left farting out of my first volley since it hadn't come up in the original FUD's.
However, as evidenced first hand and in numerous online accounts, the farting is real. YMMV on it's viciousness though.

A lot of online accounts on the Soylent board talked of hard times with the stuff. Generally, it's never bugged me. Although a few times that I've had it with a soda, which is pretty rare anyway, I felt ill and/or unusually tired.

Tmi~

I don't have problems with #2, "business as usual". Just me being dumb lucky again. Although if I eat over one Soylent per day, then the leavings do look different.

GroundStart

Post by GroundStart » Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:13 am

Soylent was mentioned on Burner Podcast #84, Packing for Burning Man. One of the hosts noted it in the "List of things to never bring again", apparently it gave him stomach aches on & off playa.
Ideally though, a problem like that would be caught before packing it for a trip. They had a bit of FUD about the stuff but c'est la vie.

Captain Goddammit
Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: First Camp

Post by Captain Goddammit » Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:42 pm

How to survive Burning Man without too much trauma: Don’t do anything radically different than you usually do, particularly untested.
Don’t wear new different shoes, don’t get excessively trashed, and don’t consume anything that sounds that much like “toilet”.
GreyCoyote: "At this rate it wont be long before he is Admiral Fukkit."

GroundStart

Post by GroundStart » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:55 pm

Forgotten additional, the guy with stomach aches said he'd tried to make Soylent his main playa food.
Here I was, looking forward to pickles, bacon and Middle Eastern cuisine.
Some Soylent supporters themselves are wary of going 100%, just in DW. People can do it and pull it off, but even the tagline for the stuff was that it "can't replace every meal, but can replace any meal".

Return to “Food & Drink”