Water & Burner Bus

What do you eat and drink on the playa? Share ideas, recipes and advice here.
_alix
Burning Since: 2019
Camp Name: Thunder Gumbo

Water & Burner Bus

Post by _alix » Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:24 pm

Hello! Burngin here, coming from NYC so I’m taking the burner bus from Reno. Question about water, it says that food and water count as part of your luggage. If I’m buying my water from using the burner express, do they fill it up in Reno or on Playa? I would need a lot more luggage space of they fill it before leaving Reno. If they fill it on Playa, do i have to fill them all once when we get there or can I refill my containers later (ideally later in the week)? The FAQ doesn’t go in depth about this. Thanks!!

Jackass

Re: Water & Burner Bus

Post by Jackass » Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:30 pm

I think I remember some talk from last year about having water @BRC for bus burners... But I don't know for sure.
Sooner or later, it will get real strange...

11th Principle: Depussyfication - Keeping Burning Man potentially lethal. Token

Popeye
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Beaverton

Post by Popeye » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:59 pm

You need to bring your own containers, pay for the water when you buy your ticket and get a minimum of 5 gallons each time you pick up water. You do not need to pick it up all at once but I think the last day to pick up water is Wednesday.
Be careful of the collapseable water containers. They sometimes leak.
“Tell me, what is it you plan to do / with your one wild and precious life?” Mary Oliver

_alix
Burning Since: 2019
Camp Name: Thunder Gumbo

Post by _alix » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:23 am

Yes, I know I bring my own containers, so I was going to get just two 5 gal containers and refill them during the week. If Wed is the last day to refill that still seems like it should be ok.
Thanx y’all!

Return to “Food & Drink”