Seeking Newcastle in the can!

What do you eat and drink on the playa? Share ideas, recipes and advice here.
KitsuneCaligari

Seeking Newcastle in the can!

Post by KitsuneCaligari » Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:25 pm

Presenting your sad and useless posting of the hour....

Last year I was shocked, shocked I tell ya, to moop an empty Newcastle can off the street, and I vowed to bring my own case this year.

Well, life got underfoot, and I ain't got no Newcastle yet. The two BevMos nearby don't have them, but their website does list it, so it can be had relatively locally. So here's the question to the Minds Out There:

Anyone seen Newcastle in the can in a liquor store or market or somewhere between South San Francisco and the Golden Gate Bridge? Sure I could get BevMo to special order it, but ya know how it is, you want to have your playa stock in hand (and underfoot) as soon as one can, so I'm looking to just go to a single location and be done with it....

zabsinth

Re: Seeking Newcastle in the can!

Post by zabsinth » Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:33 pm

KitsuneCaligari wrote:Presenting your sad and useless posting of the hour....

Last year I was shocked, shocked I tell ya, to moop an empty Newcastle can off the street, and I vowed to bring my own case this year.

Well, life got underfoot, and I ain't got no Newcastle yet. The two BevMos nearby don't have them, but their website does list it, so it can be had relatively locally. So here's the question to the Minds Out There:

Anyone seen Newcastle in the can in a liquor store or market or somewhere between South San Francisco and the Golden Gate Bridge? Sure I could get BevMo to special order it, but ya know how it is, you want to have your playa stock in hand (and underfoot) as soon as one can, so I'm looking to just go to a single location and be done with it....
Call around to local beer distributors, they'll know for sure.

But I'll take my pisswater w/o caramel color...

chiefdanfox

Post by chiefdanfox » Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:09 pm

Well this is technically between the two points, if you follow the lines of latitude: Oakland Bevmo has it in cans, and we haven't had anyone shot in Oakland since last night, and it was only three people.

Dato

Post by Dato » Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:12 pm

Last year was the first time I've ever seen it, and that was in Reno.

I did, however see some at the BevMo in Sunnyvale, but you better hurry before I buy them out! :lol:

BitterDan

Post by BitterDan » Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:32 pm

It's VERY hard to find in California but every store in Nevada has them. Just pick em' up on the way to the playa.
Camp FuckIt + MT - 7:15 & D (maybe)

carn1fex

Post by carn1fex » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:56 pm

Fuck newcastle cmon man, youre in goddam california.. brewery paradise.
fnord!

MerkinMan

Post by MerkinMan » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:02 pm

The problem with living in California is having to get Lone Star imported...
MERKIN MAN: Protector of your sexy bits. Keepin' nether regions safe since last Tuesday.

Ugly Dougly
Burning Since: 1996

Post by Ugly Dougly » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:19 am

See what they have in a "mini keg".

Brain
Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: PRED

Post by Brain » Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:01 pm

Save Mart in Reno had it by the case last year

supernovaky

Post by supernovaky » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:41 pm

Haha. I'm from Louisiana, and while I admit Newcastle is a VERY good beer, I will be bringing a local Louisiana favorite - - - Abita Beer. Their sugar source is various fruits, and they re-add the fruit juice to the final product. It's a wheat beer too. It ends up tasting like very good wheat beer with a VERY slight fruit overtone (barely distinguishable, enough to keep it "Beer" and not something altogether different, but enough to mask any bitterness). It's a great beer.

The kind I'm bringing is Purple Haze :) Raspberry beer.

lizb

Post by lizb » Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:16 pm

Hey MerkinMan Look for our Texas flag out on the playa, we will be handing out ice cold lonestars.

Paulalorla

Post by Paulalorla » Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:20 pm

This gets me very excited, not the drink but the fact that you've tied it to Burning Man I think I'm only 1 of 3 who's ever ventured there from Newcastle. Your PM should be waiting with instructions for chilled delivery direct from source.
its very easy to make me smile

Return to “Food & Drink”