Decent box wine?

What do you eat and drink on the playa? Share ideas, recipes and advice here.
SnogginMonster

Re: Decent box wine?

Postby SnogginMonster » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:14 am

For those looking to tote around for personal use/share with new friends, but don't enjoy box wine-just empty a couple bottles into a new camelbak bladder with a twist able spout-instant "slap the bag!"

Loveshake
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Black Rock Yearbook

Postby Loveshake » Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:05 pm

If you can find it, this is a pretty good boxed white wine.
http://www.bottlerocket.com/fuori-strad ... rillo.html

FlyingMonkey

Postby FlyingMonkey » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:30 pm

Continuing with the research...........

Bota Box Moscato is a very refreshing wine that would be great chilled & enjoyed during the heat of the day on Playa. Or elsewhere the other 51 weeks of the year.
In your wildest dreams you can not imagine the marvelous SURPRISES that await YOU.

mudpuppy000
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: THE BELLIGERENT GAP

Postby mudpuppy000 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:30 pm

Well, its not quite off the shelf, but I've been making some wine from kits that go for about $40 and yield 6 gallons of ~10% wine. So far I've done a shiraz, malbec, zinfandel blush and a sauvignon blanc that turned out well.

FlyingMonkey

Postby FlyingMonkey » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:22 am

mudpuppy000 wrote:Well, its not quite off the shelf, but I've been making some wine from kits that go for about $40 and yield 6 gallons of ~10% wine. So far I've done a shiraz, malbec, zinfandel blush and a sauvignon blanc that turned out well.

+++1000

If you have not checked it out here's a great wine making resource.

http://winemaking.jackkeller.net/

He also has a SpaceBook page.

I made a killer Mango wine using his recipe.

Since you already have the equipment & know how to make wine these recipes are cheap & fun to make. No kit required (Although you may need more carboys :shock: ).

-Cheers
In your wildest dreams you can not imagine the marvelous SURPRISES that await YOU.

mudpuppy000
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: THE BELLIGERENT GAP

Postby mudpuppy000 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:06 pm

FlyingMonkey wrote:
mudpuppy000 wrote:Well, its not quite off the shelf, but I've been making some wine from kits that go for about $40 and yield 6 gallons of ~10% wine. So far I've done a shiraz, malbec, zinfandel blush and a sauvignon blanc that turned out well.

+++1000

If you have not checked it out here's a great wine making resource.

http://winemaking.jackkeller.net/

He also has a SpaceBook page.

I made a killer Mango wine using his recipe.

Since you already have the equipment & know how to make wine these recipes are cheap & fun to make. No kit required (Although you may need more carboys :shock: ).

-Cheers

Yeah, I've done quite a few wines/ciders from juice. I think I've fermented everything possible from Costco, lol. I usually bring a keg of Unicorn Blood (fermented concord grape juice) to events. It's good but you can definitely tell the difference between it and juice from various varietals. (from the kits).

Return to “Food & Drink”