Vodka Redbull Slushy

What do you eat and drink on the playa? Share ideas, recipes and advice here.
ProfessorChaos
Burning Since: 2014

Re: Vodka Redbull Slushy

Post by ProfessorChaos » Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:36 pm

GreyCoyote wrote:In my mis-spent youth a bunch of us mad scientists used to make drinks we called a Dirty Snowball (aka, Vomit Comets). They consisted of Kahlua, vodka and dry ice in equal proportions. Really awful stuff, but the result was not only very cold, it was carbonated. (Warning: Do NOT drink. Spoon little bits into your mouth and follow with a water chaser, if necessary).

Could you appropriate this technique (dry ice and vodka) for your Redbull Slushy? :idea:
Dry ice... wow. You are braaave. That sounds like a recipe for disaster with my track record. :lol:

trilobyte
Site Admin
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Brainy Bar

Post by trilobyte » Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:49 pm

ProfessorChaos wrote:
trilobyte wrote:The sodastream have redbull syrup?
Oh heck yes they do Trilo! and let me tell you... that stuff is rocket fuel. One bottle of it costs about $6.50 and makes the equivalent of 50 cans of redbull.
Really? The only thing I've ever seen is their incredibly shitty knockoff (beware of "compares to" on web sites hahaha), the taste is further off the mark than most knockoff energy drinks and a look at the ingredients list didn't even show any Taurine... Which is one of Red Bull's primary ingredients.

mudpuppy000
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: THE BELLIGERENT GAP

Post by mudpuppy000 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:23 pm

GreyCoyote wrote:In my mis-spent youth a bunch of us mad scientists used to make drinks we called a Dirty Snowball (aka, Vomit Comets). They consisted of Kahlua, vodka and dry ice in equal proportions. Really awful stuff, but the result was not only very cold, it was carbonated. (Warning: Do NOT drink. Spoon little bits into your mouth and follow with a water chaser, if necessary).

Could you appropriate this technique (dry ice and vodka) for your Redbull Slushy? :idea:
I've been toying with the idea of making carbonated vodka in a soda keg... Not sure if I want to waste 5 gallons of vodka but I'm sure someone would drink it. :D Maybe add some of that energy syrup for flavor? :D

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:31 pm

mudpuppy000 wrote:Not sure if I want to waste 5 gallons of vodka but I'm sure someone would drink it.
And this, distilled, is the essense of the burn.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Stickygreen

Post by Stickygreen » Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:10 pm

Sounds like you want to, get ahold of a gas powered blender.

That will make this alot easier.

Also I might suggest saving a few dollars on red bull, and get the Costco brand, its a little better tasting with vodka.
)'(

Return to “Food & Drink”