"Playa Fish" Ready To Cook....

What do you eat and drink on the playa? Share ideas, recipes and advice here.
Meat Hunter
Burning Since: 2014

"Playa Fish" Ready To Cook....

Post by Meat Hunter » Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:02 pm

For the last two Burns, I have brought along pre-cooked, vacuum packed and frozen Bream; complete with homemade tarter sauce and sliced fresh onions for myself and one or two close friends to dine on the evening of the Man Burn.

With this being the third time, I suppose that it will now become a tradition.

I went out to the pond today and caught all the plump and juicy Bream that I will need for this year -- In 15 minutes or less (18 total).

What is the secret to my successful angling? I attribute my success to the type of worms that I use. There are fishing worms and there are catching worms. I always use catching worms.

BBadger
Burning Since: 2010

Re: "Playa Fish" Ready To Cook....

Post by BBadger » Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:40 pm

Do they sell "catching" glow-sticks too?
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.

Meat Hunter

Post by Meat Hunter » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:39 pm

BB,

Like BM, if you look for Catching Glow Sticks, I am sure that you will find them. However, if you are not looking for them, you will never see them.

Mr Gizmo
Burning Since: 2015

Post by Mr Gizmo » Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:58 pm

Last year we hauled fresh assorted rock cod & ling cod - enough for two nights worth of reading our camp. Hope to do the same again this year + some sand dabs & maybe abalone

Various
Camp Name: Various Delights

Post by Various » Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:46 pm

Abalone is a little tricky because you legally can't cart it up there cleaned and ready to cook, plus you can only carry 3 per person.

Better pull some 11s to feed a camp.

I'm going spearfishing this weekend and next to see if I can get some ling fillets for the Burn, but I hear viz is shit right now.

GreyCoyote
Burning Since: 2000

Post by GreyCoyote » Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:10 pm

We buy several large whole salmon fillets (frozen, skin on), slather them in lime juice, coat with a teriyaki glaze and then bake on low heat until the fat starts to run. Let it cool a couple of minutes and serve with capers, a bit more glaze, maybe a drizzle of pineapple, some veggies or cheezy rice, and you've got a seriously-falls-apart-in-your-mouth-NOM!!!! dinner.

I dont go to burningman to lose weight. Hehehe.
"To sum up my compassion level, I think we should feed the unwanted animals to the homeless. Or visa versa. Too much attention and money is spent on both."
(A Beautiful Mind)

Various
Camp Name: Various Delights

Post by Various » Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:59 pm

Various wrote:Abalone is a little tricky because you legally can't cart it up there cleaned and ready to cook, plus you can only carry 3 per person.

Better pull some 11s to feed a camp.

I'm going spearfishing this weekend and next to see if I can get some ling fillets for the Burn, but I hear viz is shit right now.
Well... turns out viz is awesome right now. I have a 3 foot ling sitting in vacuum packs. Who wants fish?

Return to “Food & Drink”