Water and Fresh Fruit

What do you eat and drink on the playa? Share ideas, recipes and advice here.
SarahAnn_Love
Burning Since: 2019

Water and Fresh Fruit

Post by SarahAnn_Love » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:02 pm

Anyone have the best suggestions for transporting water? Also what if I run out of water somehow?

I usually eat mostly veggies, fruit, nuts, granola bars, etc, any ideas on keeping them fresh during transportation and also during the event?

Popeye
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Beaverton

Re: Water and Fresh Fruit

Post by Popeye » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:22 am

SarahAnn_Love wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:02 pm
Anyone have the best suggestions for transporting water? Also what if I run out of water somehow?

I usually eat mostly veggies, fruit, nuts, granola bars, etc, any ideas on keeping them fresh during transportation and also during the event?
Hi SarahAnn. How are you getting to the Burn? If you are renting a car bring the water with you. Traveling on Burner Express (bus) https://burnerexpress.burningman.org/bu ... formation/ ? Bring collapseable water cans and take advantage of their water add on and pick up on playa. If you run out of water you can buy ice and drink the melt. Just be sure to keep your ice in a cooler seperate from your veggies.

Bring a cooler for your fruits and veggies. Put ice in the cooler wherever you leave from and buy ice on playa as needed.
“Tell me, what is it you plan to do / with your one wild and precious life?” Mary Oliver

Meat Hunter
Burning Since: 2014

Post by Meat Hunter » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:59 am

1. In one of your posts you ask, how far the city was from the airport?

If you are flying in via Burner Express Air, they offer you the opportunity to pre-purchase water in 2-1/2 gal. boxes and pick-up your water at the airport.

2. Transportation to the city from the airport? There is a bus stop located about 100 yds. from where you arrive at the airport. Bus service runs between 1/2 - 1 hr. intervals.
Specializing in Calibrating Windsocks -- Any where, Any Time, and Any elevation.

Vidi ego exars.

syringesmiajames
Burning Since: 1996

Post by syringesmiajames » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:08 am

fresh water is very good for health

Return to “Food & Drink”