Best budget tents?

Ideas, advice, tips, and tricks regarding shelter, shade, tents, and camping. Yes, this includes RV's too.
TesticleMary
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: Dante's InFURno

Best budget tents?

Post by TesticleMary » Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:20 pm

so my story is i'm flying over to a friend this year to then drive down from Oregon this year so i can't have all my gear with me on the flight but i can order a tent to be delived to his place if i find the right one online this year.
The last 2 years iv been lent a tent by friends of mine while i was camping with them, this year iv switched camps because my lead didn't think he was going this year then changed his mind last min .

im trying to find a decent size tent 4-6 person size that's not going to get super dusty because of to many vent points and something under 300$ in price , i want to invest in one of the best tents next year its just this year my budget ran tight because of alot of hardships that poped up as i was trying to save .

Thank you in advance ~ Tess

some seeing eye
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Woo

Re: Best budget tents?

Post by some seeing eye » Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:46 pm

Can you have your Oregon friends find a tent with vents that can be sealed on Craigslist? The other place to ask is the Bacon "Portland Burners Trading Post" FB group which is buy and sell for Portland Burners, separate from the non-commercial Portland Burner group. No reason not to introduce yourself, but not ask to buy or sell, on that one too, it's read all over Oregon.
increasing the signal to noise ratio with compassion

Grumpy Otter
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: Camp We Just Met

Re: Best budget tents?

Post by Grumpy Otter » Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:41 pm

I have had good luck with a Coleman 6 man instant up tent. It is one of the few tents that has a solid fabric roof. With the windows and door zipped up it is good on dust and it takes wind fairly well.

Return to “Building Camps & Villages”