Tips on Yurt/Tent Situation for 2 Couples

Ideas, advice, tips, and tricks regarding shelter, shade, tents, and camping. Yes, this includes RV's too.
moopthereitis
Burning Since: 2018

Tips on Yurt/Tent Situation for 2 Couples

Post by moopthereitis » Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:46 pm

Hey all,

Second year burner here, going back with my boyfriend and another couple. We took 2 RVs last year with a bigger group which was great, but are trying to be a little more environmentally conscious (and low cost) this year since it's just the 4 of us.

I've read all I could about yurts v. tents, but wanted your opinion on what's most comfortable for 2 couples. Should we build one larger yurt (I was thinking an 8" + 4 with a curtain divider in the middle and swamp cooler) or do two separate smaller ones?

Any tips/advice is welcome.

Cheers!

LowePro

Re: Tips on Yurt/Tent Situation for 2 Couples

Post by LowePro » Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:28 pm

Separate. The standard hexayurt is roomy for 2, but cramped for 4.

Kenshiro
Burning Since: 2011

Re: Tips on Yurt/Tent Situation for 2 Couples

Post by Kenshiro » Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:49 pm

Separate.

For reasons.

It’s hard to me to say yurts are environmentally conscious at all when merely used for a festival or two. Use recycled material and then reuse/repurpose again after and then it’s not so bad. Yurts are a LOT easier to keep reasonable temps in though. It’s what I would have gone with if it weren’t for the fact that my Juke has extremely little cargo capacity and is not rated for any level of towing.

Return to “Building Camps & Villages”