Who knows, maybe I'll find some people to join me for future burns too. God forbid I actually talk to people at the burn and make friends. It's possible!!
My theme inspiration is old norse. I don't have a sign yet but my camp name will probably be "Nýr Óðr". I'm making this post to get feedback, and help anyone else out who might be going over their lists.
I have 2 tickets already, but I forgot to buy a vehicle pass. Hoping to pick one up during the OMG sale. Fingers crossed.
Shelter packing list:
- edit: I have 2 tickets already. Totally forgot to buy a vehicle pass. Registering for that in the OMG sale. Fingers crossed I can get one.
- Two 10' x 20' shelter logic carports to be put side by side for a 20ft X 20ft shade structure.
- To secure the shade structure:
- 20 J hook rebar stakes 18" long
- 3" gaffers tape for taping the shelter logic pole joints together to increase strength.
- 16 nylon loops to make it easier to tie down the structure from the horizontal side poles.
- 16 ratcheting ties to connect nylon loops to the rebar J stakes. Haven't bought yet. 8 per shade structure. Thinking placement will be 1 per corner and 1 in the middle of each side? Also planning on using the tie downs to strap things to both my SUV and the RV roof rack on the ride. Otherwise there's no way all this shit will fit in my SUV.
- Shade Structure comfort:
- 60' of Aluminet cloth with grommets to hang around 3 sides of the shade structure. Leaving the side facing the street open. Have some sheer fabric to hang on the entrance side if I'm feeling fancy.
- 100' of outdoor LED string lights
- 50 6" black ball bungee cords and 25 of the 4" cords. 6" are for hanging the aluminet shade cloth around the shade structure, the 4" for hanging lights.
- Two 10'x20' outdoor carpets
- Various camping chairs and a folding table. I'll be doing a test pack the week before to see how much room I have. Also have a hammock I might bring.
- Tear drop camper for me and my buddy to sleep in. Hoping to strap a good amount of stuff to the top during the drive out. Has a small A/C that I'm hopeful will be enough for us to sleep in for a few extra hours. Plan is to park the RV inside the shade structure.
- Honda inverter generator EU3000iS
- Large zombie box enclosure so our neighbors don't hate us. I also have a small aluminet shade cloth I'm going to put over the top of the zombie box using some tent poles to help it not overheat. One side tied to my car's roof rack, the other side the tent poles.
- Need to buy extension cords
- Cooler: I haven't bought one yet. In years past I brought a really well insulated one, put newspaper wrapped dry ice in the bottom, and then pre-froze 2 liter bottles of water and placed them over the dry ice. Lasted for 5-6 days without needing more ice, and didn't get anything soggy. Will probably do the same this year, but also have an additional cooler for buying ice at BM. I want to keep beers cold and make some mixed drinks with ice. Extra cooler is if there's enough space when packing <fingers crossed>. If only my outfit boxes didn't take up so much space.
- Cooking: if there's space I have a camp oven that takes propane. Otherwise will have a camping stove that mounts to the top of a propane bottle. We aren't cooking fancy this year, mostly REI freeze dried stuff and a jetboil.
- Water: I'm looking for some collapsible 5 or 10 gallon bags I can fill in Reno the day before the event so I'm not hauling the weight/space the entire drive.
- Privacy: since the RV is not big enough to change in, and I'm not doing a shower setup and planning on doing shower wipes + wash cloth bucket baths I wanted a cabana for privacy.