Monkey Hut Plan

Ideas, advice, tips, and tricks regarding shelter, shade, tents, and camping. Yes, this includes RV's too.
Kieutrang
Burning Since: I'm not sure

Monkey Hut Plan

Post by Kieutrang » Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:06 am

Question on Monkey Hut construction.
I’m a fly-in, so I’ll plan here, drop-ship some materials to Home Depot, and drive in from there. Been to BRC 3 times, but first-time building a hut.

I’m planning on a modified lovemonkey hut, 20x20 (12x20 footprint if my math is right), with two tents underneath (7x7 or 7x9)

Questions:
* Am I ok with all 1 inch PVC instead of trying to find 1” to 1.25” T and X connectors, etc?
* Any suggestions on tarps is welcome. Is the brown ply ok ($20 each, 8x8 weave) or do I need the silver ($40 each, 12x12 weave). Both are 3’ between grommets.
* Home Depot. I understand their length-of-stay for materials is 30 days, is that your experience? So I can order stuff and make sure it’s there sometime in August… Will probably order/drop-ship 10’ pieces and tarps, bringing the rest in. Probably give away the ten-footers on the way out. (damn airline luggage restrictions)
* Rebar: Home Depot sells 2’ lengths of 3/8 or 1/2 … is 3/8 ok?

Canoe

Re: Monkey Hut Plan

Post by Canoe » Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:17 am

Let people know the heights of those tents.
Model too, as some tents are wider at the top than others.
Video games are giving kids unrealistic expectations on how many swords they can carry.
... but don't harm the red dragon that frequents the area from time to time. He and I have an agreement.

Return to “Building Camps & Villages”