I'm helping out a 140'ish-person camp bring some sanity to their camp admin tasks. They currently use the normal stuff -- unwieldy Google Docs, PayPal, and elbow grease. We'd like to make the process easier on everyone involved and reduce the human error inherent with the current system.
We track things like:
- Basic Camper Info
- What they are sleeping in
- Power Requirements - Are they buying into the camp genny? Payments for this
- Meal plan and non meal plan campers
- Volunteer shifts - setup & teardown, meals, etc
- Camp Dues
What's worked well for you? Are Google Sheets the gold standard?
Some quick searching on my own yielded:
- https://signup.com - The 2.9% processing fee is a turnoff
- VolunteerDB - More suited for regional event shifts than theme camps
- RSVPMaker - Can do payments and scheduling, but looks unmaintained.