Is a fire pit...

Ideas, advice, tips, and tricks regarding shelter, shade, tents, and camping. Yes, this includes RV's too.
Greenltdistrict

Is a fire pit...

Post by Greenltdistrict » Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:01 pm

...like this (couldn't figure out how to get the picture copied :oops:

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templ ... 756517752a

allowed without a permit of some sort?

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:17 pm

To post a picture: copy the pic to your pc, then host it at a site such as photobucket or image shack. Use the direct link url bracketed by [img]and[/img].

But no, you shouldn't need a permit for a propane fire ring. We are planning on a propane fireplace for Camp Wretched Excess.

EB
Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: Camp Asterix (3:45 and B in 2019)

Post by EB » Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:05 pm

The idea is to keep all fire up and off the ground so there's not ten million burn scars when the event's over.

The Car-BQ hosted by Gigsville is my favorite fire pit: a full-sized car filled with burning firewood - up and off the ground - is a nice toasty pit stop in the middle of the night.
Irony. You're soaking in it.

joygantic

Post by joygantic » Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:38 pm

Might I suggest my 'ghetto firepit' approach which uses a galvanized wash tub.

I've had one that I use at home and have taken to the playa. It's a $12 investment and is far superior to the more expensive (but cheepo) fire pits they sell in garden stores: it's indestructible, lightweight, and is deep which makes it safer, more fun, and creates a hotter fire which ends up thouroughly burning the wood so there's not lots of ash to deal with. On playa I make sure to place it on top of cement paver stones so there's no burn scar.

Works like a charm!

[img]http://www.mainstsupply.com/images/200/M30295l.jpg[/img]

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:48 pm

If you look at the first picture of the fire pit, that isn't wood. That's fake logs.

Our propane fireplace has ceramic logs. Regular price $249, on clearance for $35. We love a bargain.

Return to “Building Camps & Villages”