Question about Hexayurts and Temperatures....

Ideas, advice, tips, and tricks regarding shelter, shade, tents, and camping. Yes, this includes RV's too.
naugasnake

Question about Hexayurts and Temperatures....

Post by naugasnake » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:56 am

This is going to be my 9th year in the dust, and I'm taking the plunge and building a hexayurt for the playa this year. Thanks to eplaya and the rest of the interwebsnets, I feel confident that I am well informed and ready to tackle the project. However, I have one question for any hexayurt owners...

Certainly this thing is going to be much cooler than the various tents we've brough out over the years, but I was wondering: How much cooler will this be vs a tent?

Bonus question: How big a mistake will I be making if I decide not to put any vent holes into it?

Craftsmn

Post by Craftsmn » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:51 pm

Not only are they cool but they are..............awesome sweet amazing hot sexy nice great rad tight sick funny fun awesome good wicked hip chill crazy smart dope badass fly pimp fresh super fantastic neat sexy radical best wow lame pretty popular stupid beautiful bad excellent gnarly dude shit weird kool gangsta phat the shit cute loser wonderful...........

Seriously----they will stay cooler longer than a tent but there is not a guaranteed time because it will depend on your location, wind, sun, shade, etc. they will warm up during the day which is good because when you come home at night inside will be nice and cozy.

I find the bigger advantage to a yurt made from the various insulation or cardboard panels is they stay mostly dust free and are a great escape during the dust storms.

I have a few vents for a little air movement because I think it would feel stuffy without but you don't want too many or too big because it will warm up quicker which kindof defeats one of the reasons for using a Hexayurt. Good luck.........

Absolut Jeenyus

Post by Absolut Jeenyus » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:45 pm

-AJ )'(

Return to “Building Camps & Villages”