Please Help! I lost the instructions to my Costco carport

Ideas, advice, tips, and tricks regarding shelter, shade, tents, and camping. Yes, this includes RV's too.
aryacampbell

Please Help! I lost the instructions to my Costco carport

Post by aryacampbell » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:45 pm

If you have the instructions, can I photocopy them? Or maybe you can scan and email them? I have looked online and can't find any.
We're going early, so will need them before I go.
You can email me at
aryacampbell@hotmail.com

I'd seriously appreciate your help!
Thanks and see you there.
love,
Arya

wedeliver
Burning Since: 1998

Post by wedeliver » Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:15 pm

If I remember here is how mine goes together,

so this carport has 4 legs on each side, the legs attach with a bracket to roof pieces and horizontal pieces that connect it all together

the long pieces with holes are the legs, the holes go at the bottom to attach the bottom plate.

8 bottom plates that accept stakes
8 legs
12 horizontal pieces same length
8 roof pieces same length
12 brackets (8 for top of walls to roof, 4 make the roof center line) again for each end of the structure the brackets only have 3 legs, while in between the ends the brackets have 4 legs

you will have 12 pieces of the same length those go horizontal

4 on each side and 4 down the center roof line

at the top of those long pieces with holes above a bracket holds all the pipes together. the brackets that go at the top of the wall you will have 6 with 4 legs and 4 with 3 legs. the bracket with 3 legs goes on the ends, the brackets with 4 legs go inbetween the ends.

the brackets for the center of the roof have a different arc but again there are two with only 3 legs and 2 with 4 legs.

I suggest you build the top first, and put the cover on. then lift one side and put the legs in, then lift the other side and put those legs in... thats it

Absolut Jeenyus

Post by Absolut Jeenyus » Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:16 pm

You dont need no stinkin' instructions...

As far as I've seen the models change every year or so. So which model is it? Size?
-AJ )'(

ibdave

Post by ibdave » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:19 pm

manOman, don't... I repeat DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT...

Just show up and lay it all out.. Just walk over to a camp that has one and explain and then ask.. ( and beer or two in you hands will help)..
Every year I set up 3-5 for those carport challenged.. Really, just ask and it will happen.. really... 8) 8) :wink:
I was Born OK the 1st Time....

Don't bring defaultia to Burning Man, take Burning Man to defaultia...... graidawg

Nick Collide

Post by Nick Collide » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:10 pm

The fellas and I are up to four now, Dave.

Where did you say you were camping? :lol:

ibdave

Post by ibdave » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:04 pm

Nick Collide wrote:The fellas and I are up to four now, Dave.

Where did you say you were camping? :lol:

Sweet... You guys have a Nice set-up for sure..

Just down the road a block and a half..

Can't tell ya were cuz I don't want my Stalkers to find me until the Eplaya meetNgreet :wink: :wink: :wink:
I was Born OK the 1st Time....

Don't bring defaultia to Burning Man, take Burning Man to defaultia...... graidawg

SonOfUgly

Post by SonOfUgly » Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:33 am

and they hide the smaller tubes in the larger tubes.....some times they are really hard to see up in there and it may seem that you are missing a few of them :twisted:

Captain Goddammit
Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: First Camp

Post by Captain Goddammit » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:11 am

Seriously, you don't need the instruction sheet!
Here's some of the shit the instructions leave out anyway.

Assemble the roof section on the ground first, and put the tarp over it. There are tensioning rods that hold it together and support the tarp. The ends are slightly different , one side is bent over more tightly than the other. Put the rods together end-to-end with the more tight bends toward each other - the turnbuckles go between them. Insert the less bent ends into the roof support poles. Tighten them evenly, don't crank one turnbuckle all the way tight first then move on, it'll be hard to get the last ones.

Lay out the 8 leg poles (the legs are the larger diameter poles) on each side on the ground.

Tilt up one long side of the roof and stick in one of the middle legs. Then you'll be able to let go long enough to reach down and start picking up more legs; when all 4 on one side are in, lift the other side and start putting legs in.

If you do have help, it's ridiculously easy!
GreyCoyote: "At this rate it wont be long before he is Admiral Fukkit."

Homiesinheaven
Burning Since: 2008

Post by Homiesinheaven » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:32 am

hi arya!

just wear your Venus outfit and you will have no problem finding some strapping young bucks to help you out.

:)

Return to “Building Camps & Villages”