What if my camping neighbors are fuckheads

Ideas, advice, tips, and tricks regarding shelter, shade, tents, and camping. Yes, this includes RV's too.
actiongrl

Post by actiongrl » Thu Jul 29, 2004 6:06 pm

People who act like fuckheads need BRC more than anyone else.

Love thine enemy. Love those who don't "get it" the way you think you "get it". (To them, you are the one who doesn't "get it".)

But if you can't start with sitting down over a beer or offering some friendly coffee in the morning with nothing but generosity in your heart, you're on the wrong foot and might do well to examine who the real fuckhead is, the guy who doesn't know any better, or you, who ostensibly should.

actiongrl

Post by actiongrl » Thu Jul 29, 2004 6:07 pm

BTW that post was aimed at the general "you", not "you".

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 29, 2004 8:24 pm

actiongrl wrote:People who act like fuckheads need BRC more than anyone else.

Love thine enemy. Love those who don't "get it" the way you think you "get it". (To them, you are the one who doesn't "get it".)
Good advice, it shoud be that way as well....some get it when they get it and others won't..... attempting to do your best with those who aren't there yet is my choice of action.... all you can do it your best.

burningflyer

Choose Your Neighbor

Post by burningflyer » Thu Jul 29, 2004 8:42 pm

How about choosing your neighbor instead of letting your neighbor choose you.

Locate yourself by established villages or areas that suit you. Want a quieter area, camp by Hushville, the AEZ or Kidsville.

Why stake your claim immediately upon arrival. Read through the village and camps list that you get at the gate. Check out an area that interests you. Park and walk around. Ride your bike. Find that spot next to the people you feel comfortable with. Go and talk . . . if you like their vibe then ask how it's been prior to your arrival . . . get feedback (no reports of bad mojo) . . . ask if the spot next to them is taken.

I'd rather be the fill in, than filled in around.

Cheers

Re: Choose Your Neighbor

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 29, 2004 9:16 pm

burningflyer wrote:How about choosing your neighbor instead of letting your neighbor choose you.

Locate yourself by established villages or areas that suit you. Want a quieter area, camp by Hushville, the AEZ or Kidsville.

Why stake your claim immediately upon arrival. Read through the village and camps list that you get at the gate. Check out an area that interests you. Park and walk around. Ride your bike. Find that spot next to the people you feel comfortable with. Go and talk . . . if you like their vibe then
Thats the best idea ever.... I will do just that..... (thanks, thats the bit i was looking for..... Somehow they will have to forgive me for my way of putting things..... and know my real concern)

You just nailed it.... I apprciate your mind.... thank yo mama fo givin ya da brains dat ya got :lol:

Bob
Burning Since: 1986
Camp Name: Royaneh

Post by Bob » Thu Jul 29, 2004 9:21 pm

actiongrl wrote:People who act like fuckheads need BRC more than anyone else....
So I've been told. Nothing a good headfuck wouldn't fix, one way or another.

Re: camping, in the typical circumstance of having at least two or three and up to six or eight odd neighbors, with some semblance of mutual expectations, there is a kind of built-in democracy.
Amazing desert structures & stuff: http://sites.google.com/site/potatotrap/

"Let us say I suggest you may be human." -- Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam

Stormy

Mild One's Latest

Post by Stormy » Thu Jul 29, 2004 10:44 pm

Burning Flyer = Free Drinks

You know what they say about people who talk to themselves.
Be the change you seek in the world.

Badger

Post by Badger » Thu Jul 29, 2004 10:56 pm

Someone's always there to listen?
Desert dogs drink deep.

frenchblue1

Post by frenchblue1 » Fri Jul 30, 2004 12:41 am

Speaking of yahoo's...there was this guy that come into our camp at about 5 am playing the sax, I think he was on LSD, but he only played 3 notes. For over 2 hours! God it was testing but no one wanted to ruin his experience. I have to say that is one thing we can remember forever with our fellow campers. Something negative can bring a smile to our faces by only singing the 3 notes "doo-da-daloot" "doo-da-daloot"

There are so many variables in your question but I would have to just gauge my reaction to the "yahoo" factor based on risk/reward. I would always try to bring the experience together vs. a confrontation. If my camp was small I would search out some burners that were welcoming others that you related too...there are so many.

If my camp was large and it would be unreasonable to move I would approach the yahoo's and seek out their friends to help with the most vocal...the same way a bartender will cut off someone who has been over-served or out of control is to ask for the friends assistance in speaking to them.

Have fun...keep an open mind, sometimes things pass and run their course. If all else fails send one of your drunk naked male campers to go over and sit in each and every chair...often.

Stormy

Post by Stormy » Fri Jul 30, 2004 1:23 am

Speaking of yahoo's...there was this guy that come into our camp at about 5 am playing the sax, I think he was on LSD, but he only played 3 notes. For over 2 hours! God it was testing but no one wanted to ruin his experience. I have to say that is one thing we can remember forever with our fellow campers. Something negative can bring a smile to our faces by only singing the 3 notes "doo-da-daloot" "doo-da-daloot"
And that wasn't ruining your experience?

Bob
Burning Since: 1986
Camp Name: Royaneh

Post by Bob » Fri Jul 30, 2004 10:09 am

Stormy wrote:And that wasn't ruining your experience?
Apparently not.

My own world would spin off its axis into the celestial dumpster if people didn't rumble by my camp at 3 am in a Ferguson tractor and shout "BOB! WHERE'S BOB? BOB! WHERE'S BOB?" for no good reason at all.

Please don't camp anywhere near me, btw.
Amazing desert structures & stuff: http://sites.google.com/site/potatotrap/

"Let us say I suggest you may be human." -- Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam

Re: Mild One's Latest

Post by Guest » Fri Jul 30, 2004 10:13 am

Stormy wrote:Burning Flyer = Free Drinks

Ok now your way off base..... colder...... colder.... colder

is it your best conspiracy theory ??????

Post by Guest » Fri Jul 30, 2004 10:16 am

STORMY = Rossane Barr

:shock:

stuart

Post by stuart » Fri Jul 30, 2004 11:15 am

STORMY = Rossane Barr
hey stormy, can I have some money?

Stormy

Re: Mild One's Latest

Post by Stormy » Fri Jul 30, 2004 2:35 pm

Free Drinks wrote:
Stormy wrote:Burning Flyer = Free Drinks

Ok now your way off base..... colder...... colder.... colder

is it your best conspiracy theory ??????
Just taking a wild guess, didn't put too much energy into it. Noticed two posters that don't know what a comma is for so I took a stab.

Stormy

Post by Stormy » Fri Jul 30, 2004 2:36 pm

stuart wrote:
STORMY = Rossane Barr
hey stormy, can I have some money?
Mmmm, let me think about that for a minute. Ok, no. Want to make a donation to the impoverished kids that I work with?

stuart

Post by stuart » Fri Jul 30, 2004 2:40 pm

If I had a dime for every impoverished child my friends worked with I could give them all a dime.

Stormy

Post by Stormy » Fri Jul 30, 2004 2:53 pm

stuart wrote:If I had a dime for every impoverished child my friends worked with I could give them all a dime.
Hee hee, cute.

cowgirl

delicate balance

Post by cowgirl » Fri Jul 30, 2004 2:55 pm

its hard to handle sometimes:

we had some people who didn't read the rules and were smoking pot in the open. they camped right next to us, nearly on top of us! set up camp in the middle of the night and i woke up to someone so close to my van i literally couldn't open the door.

then they got busted. it was too nerve wracking.

on the other side were naive guys who didn't know any better... just a little too up for 'booty'. i didn't feel comfortable changing or being exposed near them. their tent opening faced my van about 5 ft. away.

at the end of the day though... this didn't ruin my experience. these were just footnotes...

burningflyer

Burningflyer is WAGON TRAIN !!!!

Post by burningflyer » Sat Jul 31, 2004 8:24 am

yes mi punkshewaysun nut so god.

me not free drinks me

WAGON TRAIN !!!!!

http://www.geocities.com/burningflyer/

Departing hourly from the AEZ

http://www.ae-zone.org/

Come visit . . . we promise to overlook all short comings, gaffs, goofs, abnormalities, intellectual indicators . . .

Cheers

Return to “Building Camps & Villages”