Are you building a structure and want land/help?

Ideas, advice, tips, and tricks regarding shelter, shade, tents, and camping. Yes, this includes RV's too.
joiebotkin
Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: More Man Bhoy

Are you building a structure and want land/help?

Post by joiebotkin » Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:11 pm

Hello friends! I posted on a different forum but this one looks more relevant. Here's my story:
My wonderful Burner community has been a theme camp for the past five years and every year we've built a giant three story pyramid that has space for activities we offer and community/lounging space. However, this year instead of bringing the pyramid we're interested in building something else - connecting with a group that's has a structure, helping them build and joining together our camps. We're looking for a group who has a structure - ideally a structure they've already built at bm (tested and true), which would also ideally offer community space or be able to host an event (last year our event had 350+ people, about 50 at a time). We're excited to join together, build together, make new friends and create an awesome community that gives back to the playa!
We are a theme camp with a designated large parcel of land so big structures are great! We have lots of volunteers eager to help build, participate and make new friends. We're inclusive, openminded, laidback and community oriented, from S.F. and L.A. Lets get together and build something amazing!

Captain Goddammit
Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: First Camp

Re: Are you building a structure and want land/help?

Post by Captain Goddammit » Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:19 pm

You don't want to bring your own structure for your camp, you want someone else to bring one for you?

That does sound much easier!
GreyCoyote: "At this rate it wont be long before he is Admiral Fukkit."

joiebotkin

Post by joiebotkin » Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:38 pm

nope! we're happy to help bring, help build, help do everything...! thanks for helping clear that up!

mamasaid

Post by mamasaid » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:03 pm

are you KIDDING ME?

we need help!!

I'm madi, I direct the playa choir...

we've been rehearsing and singing on sunday mornings for the last 7 years, varied spaces on the playa...from Jazz Cafe, to PEX to recently the camp Playatel.
Playatel is the only space that has been big enough to house us, as we have grown to over 65 singers and a full audience on sunday mornings.

This year, however, Playatel does not have a theme camp and have not been placed. So I've been trying to get folks to help set up and tear down the dome, a HUGE dome, the old thunderdome to be exact. It's an incredibly beautiful dome, and I have some hands, but not enough to really pull it off easily, ESP for breakdown.

would you, could you, be our angel that could ensure that things are together for our wednesday first rehearsal??

please contact me directly at:

madis_service@yahoo.com

love love love,
Madi...

to see what we do, search youtube for "playa choir" there, you can see many years of our gift to the community....
Blessed Cecilia, appear in visions to all musicians, (including me), appear and inspire

Bless
Burning Since: 2012

Post by Bless » Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:06 am

mamasaid wrote:to see what we do, search youtube for "playa choir" there, you can see many years of our gift to the community....
absolutely spectacular! best of luck getting a camp setup
FUCK YOU, I'M A WIZARD. FUCK YOU, I'M A SHARK.

joiebotkin

Post by joiebotkin » Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:49 pm

hi madi! i love, love the playa choir. my sunday necessity. i emailed you directly. hope to chat soon.

mamasaid

Post by mamasaid » Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:54 pm

Just emailed you...

so glad to hear from you...

madi
Blessed Cecilia, appear in visions to all musicians, (including me), appear and inspire

alxbkr
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Camp Atlantis

Post by alxbkr » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:01 pm

Hi All,

Camp Atlantis is building a similar sized dome to thunder dome at 4.30 and portal. We could use man power and advice! I know I need to get my hands on 3/4 dome hoists to support the weight of the dome during construction / take down, but I'm having trouble sourcing them - does any kind soul reading this have any ideas??

Thanks

Alex

Return to “Building Camps & Villages”