Easy or hard to transfer RV reserverations?

Ideas, advice, tips, and tricks regarding shelter, shade, tents, and camping. Yes, this includes RV's too.
Freedyjay

Easy or hard to transfer RV reserverations?

Post by Freedyjay » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:07 pm

Hey awesome people,

I'm looking at a reservation for an RV for BM 2014 but the place charges the entire deposit if I can cancel. Which is about half the fee (a lot!) I don't plan on cancelling but a lot can happen between now and the end of August. They would allow me to transfer the reservation, so I was wondering how easy or difficult it is to find someone to take over a reservation in June or July (this is coming out of L.A.) Anyone have experience with this? Is this a common practice on the part of the RV rental place?

Thanks for any advice!

playla_wook
Burning Since: 2012

Re: Easy or hard to transfer RV reserverations?

Post by playla_wook » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:02 am

I would imagine it's pretty easy to find someone... RV rental prices skyrocket because they're in such high demand. Part of the reason we rent wayyyy out in Sacramento and drive the 5-6 hours :)

Freedyjay

Post by Freedyjay » Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:45 pm

Thanks for the reply! Still thinking it over but your advice makes me more confident to go for it.

Thecatman
Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: alone

Post by Thecatman » Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:59 pm

Just an "FYI" Sierra RV in Reno no longer rents RVs or trailers. To anybody for any trip. Not just BM attendees. www.sierrarv.com
My cats are cuter than your grandkids!

"Government is not the solution to our problems, government is the problem." Ronald Reagan

Eric
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Post by Eric » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:32 pm

There are no guarantees, but you should be fine. Lots of Burners come from LA, and as long as you don't try to transfer at the last minute it should work out.

One warning I'd give - book now, or very soon. I've heard that rentals are already booked full in the Bay Area, it will probably go the same way in LA.
It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
Former Ass't Editor & columnist, BRC Weekly

Return to “Building Camps & Villages”