Star Canopies

Ideas, advice, tips, and tricks regarding shelter, shade, tents, and camping. Yes, this includes RV's too.
scruffernnj
Burning Since: 2012

Star Canopies

Post by scruffernnj » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:58 am

We own a star canopy from KD Kanopy. We have used it at regional burns and festivals. We are thinking about taking it to the Burn this year and wanted to know if anyone has any information about how they hold up? I do not remember seeing any out on the playa, but then again I really wasn't looking for them.

I have tried to do a google search for any information but have not come across any information at all. I also emailed KD Kanopy but have not received any information from them either.

Any information about these Star Canopies on the Playa would be useful.

trilobyte
Site Admin
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Brainy Bar

Re: Star Canopies

Post by trilobyte » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:04 am

Offhand I can think of this thread, but perhaps if you did some looking around you could find one of the other threads on the subject.

illy dilly
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Gnome Dome

Post by illy dilly » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:44 am

I believe Wet Dreams, with in Barbie Death Village, use a green (could be greyish-green) canopy of similar design.
Its pretty big and works well during the heat of the day.
I think the trick with canopies like that is to have a vent/exhaust hole at the top. So if a gust of wind comes through and pushes up on the canopy it doesn't act as a wind sock and pull the canopy straight up.
Why don't ya stick your head in that hole and find out? ~piehole
Plan for the worst, expect the best. Make the most out of it under any conditions. If you cannot do that you will never enjoy yourself. ~CrispyDave

vachot
Burning Since: 2011

Post by vachot » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:06 pm

Star canopy....there is also....viewtopic.php?t=23569
Struggle and Change

Return to “Building Camps & Villages”