Etiquette for un-joining a camp with dues?

Ideas, advice, tips, and tricks regarding shelter, shade, tents, and camping. Yes, this includes RV's too.
sparr
Burning Since: 2015

Re: Etiquette for un-joining a camp with dues?

Postby sparr » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:25 pm

Captain Goddammit wrote:This is all so fucked up. How about you camp with your friends
95% of my burner friends don't go to Burning Man. I camp with them at the events they do go to. For my trip to BRC, I choose to find another camp.

Also, it's less about the literal "camp with" part for me and more about having big projects to work on. Things to build, etc.
If you want to make a reply about my personality instead of about what this thread is about, don't clutter this thread, post over here instead.

viajera80

Postby viajera80 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:43 pm

Way to go Dr. Pyro! Barbie Death Camp and Wine Bistro has been around forever. Long before "plug and play" was even uttered.

some seeing eye
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Woo

Postby some seeing eye » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:02 pm

Have you ever thought of starting your own camp, organizing projects as challenging as you like, and organizing a group of friends to participate?
increasing the signal to noise ratio with compassion

sparr

Postby sparr » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:57 pm

some seeing eye wrote:Have you ever thought of starting your own camp, organizing projects as challenging as you like, and organizing a group of friends to participate?

I have definitely thought of it. I've found the idea daunting without having a "home base" for a significant length of time. Now that I've been in one spot (ish) for a year I think it might be more viable.
If you want to make a reply about my personality instead of about what this thread is about, don't clutter this thread, post over here instead.

sparr

Postby sparr » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:27 am

VultureChow wrote:As long as they're not counting on you for onplaya shifts...

Scheduling on-playa shifts would count as hearing something from them about what's going on with regards to planning.

Return to “Building Camps & Villages”