Best layout for a camp of 2 people

Ideas, advice, tips, and tricks regarding shelter, shade, tents, and camping. Yes, this includes RV's too.
BBadger
Burning Since: 2010

Re: Best layout for a camp of 2 people

Post by BBadger » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:38 am

Air mattresses are fine, just pump them up before you go to sleep.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.

Kenshiro
Burning Since: 2011

Post by Kenshiro » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:34 am

I partially deflate my mattress during the day so the heat doesn’t damage it via too much pressure, then reinflate at night. I might be overdoing it but I hate the notion of the thing popping out there. Hard enough to catch sleep as it is.

wraith
Burning Since: 2010

Post by wraith » Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:14 am

Ratty wrote:cmrabet, That is an excellent idea. (It's exactly what I do.) However, I have a carport instead of a monkey hut. I bring an ice chest for beer and fruit cups but no perishables. Check out the threads about food.

Put up your tent and position some lightweight cloth over the vents. Every window and vent has to close when you leave camp to keep out the dust. Pin, glue, sew, clamp or whatever. Get some rebar, a good heavy hammer and big vice grips for removal. Make a cloth or tarp end piece for your hut. If it's a windy year you'll appreciate it.

A twin air mattress fits perfectly in your van. I had the hardware removed from the bed when I bought the van. You can even keep a plastic dresser in there. Keep in mind it's about a million degrees in there when you shut the car tight. I have reflectix taped on the outside of my windows. I can sleep-in for an extra hour or nap with the doors open.
On that topic they now sell pickle juice in pouches like otter pops. Absolutely made my month.

Return to “Building Camps & Villages”