PVC: bellend vs. connectors

Ideas, advice, tips, and tricks regarding shelter, shade, tents, and camping. Yes, this includes RV's too.
standingstill

PVC: bellend vs. connectors

Post by standingstill » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:36 am

I realize the answer to this might be buried a thousand threads deep here, but I couldn't find it. Here's the question:

WHEN BUILDING A MONKEYHUT, WHAT IS THE BEST METHOD OF CONNECTING YOUR 10' PIECES OF PVC?

I see a lot of methods using connectors (T or X) ...and I also instructions for just using bellend PVC and slipping one end into the next (and then probably duct taping at joints for extra strength). Is one better than the other?

Thoughts? Concerns? Opinions? Snarky comments with helpful links to previous threads?

Thanks,
SciFi

cryoguy
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: BRC Realty (tour of homes)

Re: PVC: bellend vs. connectors

Post by cryoguy » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:57 pm

I followed the instructions according to this website (see below) for BM2107, worked out great. Structure held up without any noticeable damage during the few wind storms we had that week. The web site does not mention anchoring down the hut. This year I bought some ½ - 18 in lag screws / and two chain links for each lag screw. Using rope tied to both ends of the hut and threading the rope through the chain link held down by the lag screw to anchor the ends of the hut. Use a truckers hitch knot to secure rope.

http://www.chromatest.net/Lovemonkey/

Return to “Building Camps & Villages”