Looking for 2nd-hand tents

Ideas, advice, tips, and tricks regarding shelter, shade, tents, and camping. Yes, this includes RV's too.
DazzlingPlatypus
Burning Since: 2018

Looking for 2nd-hand tents

Post by DazzlingPlatypus » Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:31 am

Hi all,

Really excited for my first burn, and going solo. I'm from Southeast Asia and will be travelling halfway around the world to attend Burning Man. Cost and weight are limiting factors for me.

Would there be anyone with tents (suitable for BM) that they are willing to give/lend? I'll be happy to contribute some money for the tent and carry on the conversation privately... but so as not to turn this thread into a marketplace, perhaps only those willing to give/lend should post below for the benefit of others in similar situation?

Thanks a whole bunch!! Will send y'all some good vibrations during mettā meditation!

Ratty
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Re: Looking for 2nd-hand tents

Post by Ratty » Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:40 am

I'm in the SF East Bay. Martinez to be exact. I have tents free for the taking. NO. I can't bring them to BM. I can barely fit my camps infrastructure in my van as it is. Message me if you feel inclined to come pick up a tent.
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah

Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:52 pm

We usually host an international burner in our tiny theme camp in Hushville, so we always have a couple tents on hand. They do need to be under shade, and are small, but we do know how to dustproof them pretty well. My only hesitation is we are having a few health issues right now, and there is a slim chance we might miss the burn. Very slim, but I hate to make promises which if broken would be devastating for you. Stay in touch, and if you think there's any chance you may want to camp with us, preregister for Hushville at Hushville.org. No dues, no obligations, and if you don't end up there, no harm done. We might be able to work something out.

My camp is Anti M's Home for Wayward Art. 18th year. We're dirt burners, we do it the old fashioned way.

FIGJAM

Post by FIGJAM » Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:37 pm

"The odd fashioned way"??? :wink:
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

"If I can't find an answer, I'll create one!!!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:11 am

Well, as it turns out, I cannot offer a tent. We're probably not making it this year.

Ratty
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Post by Ratty » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:48 am

Oh no. I'm so sorry. You two just nurse each other back to health. That's the most important thing. If you don't make it, everyone will miss you.
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah

Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

Return to “Building Camps & Villages”