__CAMP XX__ GOA Culture__

Ideas, advice, tips, and tricks regarding shelter, shade, tents, and camping. Yes, this includes RV's too.
what time
Burning Since: 2018

__CAMP XX__ GOA Culture__

Post by what time » Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:32 am

GOA CULTURE

CAMP XX

:arrow:
We are a strange modernized hippie generation, we bring harmony and love, consist of the Indian Ocean, and the smell of fresh flowers from the mountains of Nepal. Waking up in the morning we meditate and urge to relive the sadness and immerse in universal love

So I would like to start a story about our camp, and generally, who are we? We are an international camp, which is assembled from fragments of people but strong people, sympathetic, we strive to help everyone, to survive with him the difficult moments of his life.

:!: And we cook very tasty, we want you to be satisfied with our kitchen

8) And so We have already placed a questionnaire for participation as a theme camp, now we are getting volunteers who want to join our camp and give people kindness

In this thread, we will publish our schedule what we will do and what days it will be interesting.

update information every week so that you see how we prepare, how we treat it, because everything we do we do qualitatively

and we are always happy to help from people with experience, because we are so small in this huge world! we like to learn everything new :oops:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nothing remains, everything changes, everything is burned, nothing remains

what time

Re: __CAMP XX__ GOA Culture__

Post by what time » Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:44 pm

My dear, here is our camp plan in 2019, I would like to ask the professionals how you?
we tried for a long time to make a comfortable zone for 60-75 people
xx_plan_2101.png

join us Campxx.com
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

gaminwench
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: DOTA, EoD, OBOP, Destiny Lounge

Post by gaminwench » Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:02 am

Ooooh, that's a LOT of RVs, yo.
"the prophecies of doom were better last year" trilo

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Post by Elderberry » Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:07 am

If you will be serving food to people not in you camp, make sure you get a Nevada food permit.
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

Sham

Post by Sham » Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:42 am

Hello what time, that's a nicely done camp layout. How many people are in your group, or are you planning on having?
At our camp, we work hard on a very welcoming and inviting frontage. Signage, lighting, art pieces, an artcar etc. We added a Welcome Center structure with a guest sitting area with shade and canvas photos of past burns. Parking of RV's and cars are towards the back of the camp, and tents can be put in the morning shade near the RV's.

Luigi
Burning Since: 2014
Camp Name: VW Bus Camp

Post by Luigi » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:02 am

Great - another wall of RVs
"Water is the driving force of all nature. " Leonardo da Vinci

Jackass

Post by Jackass » Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:00 am

Are you really planning on setting up a PnP your second year out? That's ambitious...
Sooner or later, it will get real strange...

11th Principle: Depussyfication - Keeping Burning Man potentially lethal. Token

MrHedgehog
Burning Since: 2016
Camp Name: Radio Electra

Post by MrHedgehog » Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:09 pm

The camp has a Facebook page, named "BurningmanXX", and an Instagram page (full of generic pretty-people photos that they've taken from other sites) named "burningmanrus".

From what I can see, it sure seems to look pretty much like the stuff that Marion was drawing attention to in her "Cultural Course Correcting" article.

the_needle
Burning Since: 2017

Post by the_needle » Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:38 pm

The more I read your facebook page /instagramm account the more you remind me of fyre festival :) with burning man pictures taken from other accounts, the advertissing of your camp as a hotel or as a plug and play camp ...
Burn baby burn )`( Burn baby burn

A-RockLeFrench
Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: BONERPILLAR

Post by A-RockLeFrench » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:07 am

My question is, how are you getting all your gear to/from the playa with only three pickup trucks?

Other than that your shitty plug and play camp looks great.

Jackass

Post by Jackass » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:53 am

JohnnyA wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:09 pm
The camp has a Facebook page, named "BurningmanXX", and an Instagram page (full of generic pretty-people photos that they've taken from other sites) named "burningmanrus".

From what I can see, it sure seems to look pretty much like the stuff that Marion was drawing attention to in her "Cultural Course Correcting" article.
Do you have a link? I'm sure it's very appropriate... Help pull off the mask of bullshit, won't you?

MrHedgehog
Burning Since: 2016
Camp Name: Radio Electra

Post by MrHedgehog » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:07 am

Jackass wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:53 am
Do you have a link? I'm sure it's very appropriate... Help pull off the mask of bullshit, won't you?
It was in their 2nd post ... https://campxx.com/

You can get to Facebook and Instagram from their "Contacts" page on that site.

It's interesting that there's a prominent page in Russian, and a bunch of Russian comments on Facebook.

They're dropping the "Burning Man" name absolutely everywhere.
Last edited by MrHedgehog on Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jackass

Post by Jackass » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:21 am

Thanks for sharing, I must have been so blinded by my anger towards this type of shit that I missed that part. Good heads up to those future "customers".

https://campxx.com/

Sham

Post by Sham » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:30 am

After some moderator questions, this thread is being restored.

what time

Post by what time » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:34 am

Hello again, burners, and thanks a lot for an attention!
We realy apreciate all your opinions and comments, even if you say we are "shitty" - that's why we are posting here!

And as I see, I got to clear up some things))

gaminwench wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:02 am
Ooooh, that's a LOT of RVs, yo.
Oh yeah) But we are still working hard trying to make everything "nice-placed", and also still deciding how many RV's will it be, so it's not a final version.

Elderberry wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:07 am
If you will be serving food to people not in you camp, make sure you get a Nevada food permit.
Yeah we have such a thing in our plans, and also in common with all!

Sham wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:42 am
Hello what time, that's a nicely done camp layout. How many people are in your group, or are you planning on having?
Sup! Thanks! We are trying to do everything the best way we can, even such a tiny part as a layout) There is a lot of talented guys here in Goa, so it's not a big deal for us, actually))

So, about the crew. Let me show you a crew layout we made some days ago:

It should be about 55 of us as long as we rely on this version, but for that moment it's only 17 who 100% in the game.

As you can see on a now day plan, there's space for about 13 RVs and 11 tents, and I think we'll make final decision how to place everything in summer maybe, when there will be more ppl in.

Sham wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:42 am
At our camp, we work hard on a very welcoming and inviting frontage. Signage, lighting, art pieces, an artcar etc. We added a Welcome Center structure with a guest sitting area with shade and canvas photos of past burns. Parking of RV's and cars are towards the back of the camp, and tents can be put in the morning shade near the RV's.
Yeah, totally agree with your point of view, man. You can take my word, there is no single day for us not to discuss and plan how everything should shine and sparkle and be comfy and well-placed at the same time) There's some photos of the roof of my house in Goa attached, so you may take a look and be sure we LOVE to create SPACE for ourselves and our guests no matter what is it - house roof, workspace, camp - anything! It's kind of lifestyle maybe)
Btw thanks a lot for the usefull info, we really appreciate it!

Luigi wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:02 am
Great - another wall of RVs
Samwell Tarly: "The White Walkers sleep beneath the ice for thousands of years. And when they wake up..."
Pypar: "And when they wake up... what?"
Samwell Tarly: "I hope the Wall of RVs in Camp XX is high enough."

Jackass wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:00 am
Are you really planning on setting up a PnP your second year out? That's ambitious...
Thanks, man! It's a pity that we can't tell you our ambitions for the next years now ;)

JohnnyA wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:09 pm
the_needle wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:38 pm
The more I read your facebook page /instagramm account the more you remind me of fyre festival :) with burning man pictures taken from other accounts, the advertissing of your camp as a hotel or as a plug and play camp ...
Yeah, thank you guys for the notice! It's kinda hard to get the same username everywhere, so yeah, here the links: https://www.facebook.com/BurningmanXX/, https://www.instagram.com/burningmanrus/.

FYRE yeah ahahha) we've got the same associations sometimes)) I wish we had a Billy's bags fully loaded with cash to have such a marketing thing (i'm talking about website now) but we've got only one guy in our team who in love with web desing)) Nevertheless, as I said above, we are trying to do everything the best way we can, and website is not an exeption!

We are trying to keep the balance between the photos made by us, some usefull info and some stunning shots to inspire followers, and, of course, we have no ad in any known variations. If you mean something specific when you are talking about "the advertising of your camp as a hotel or as a plug and play camp" in our accounts or a website to point us at - please do it, cause we don't wanna have any kind of misunderstanding here!

A-RockLeFrench wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:07 am
My question is, how are you getting all your gear to/from the playa with only three pickup trucks?
Other than that your shitty plug and play camp looks great.
Thx, man! We updated camp layer yesterday, take a look on a pic above. The pickups from previous plan are Fords 750, and the big boxes above and under are containers actually:

So we don't think we gonna have any problems with logistics, and we are really happy to hear that you find our "shitty-plug-and-play-camp" layer looks good! Have a nice day, man!

JohnnyA wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:07 am
It's interesting that there's a prominent page in Russian, and a bunch of Russian comments on Facebook.
They're dropping the "Burning Man" name absolutely everywhere.
Yeah, that's really interesting! Most of us were born in Russia but we are trying to be as international as it possible, as you can see. So please don't be afraid of russian words, we are nice and soft like little ponies.

Sham wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:30 am
After some moderator questions, this thread is being restored.
Thanks once again for helping to clear the things up!

Molotov
Burning Since: 2014
Camp Name: ESD Camp "The 'Burbs" 2019 location TBA

Post by Molotov » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:12 am

Based on that org chart, that's a shit load of sherpas.

Jackass

Post by Jackass » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:07 am

I can't say that this new material helps your case at all, but knock yourself out I guess...

Sham

Post by Sham » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:36 pm

To the OP, do you have these 13 RVs reserved already? Local RV rental places run out pretty quickly for the week of Burning Man.

A-RockLeFrench
Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: BONERPILLAR

Post by A-RockLeFrench » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:50 am

wow ok someone is missing the fucking point here.

And for the record I didn't say you were shitty I said your camp is shitty. But now that you mention it...

Token
Burning Since: 2001

Post by Token » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:55 am

pappachuck
Burning Since: I'm not sure

Post by pappachuck » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:44 pm

My points:
Be realistic about the number of people if it is 20 that is 100% than plan for it not 70.
Negative points
Big $$$$ camp - you can make it cheaper so you can invest on the gifting and interaction.
Big Risk of you not renting RVs in time.
RVs are like a mafia, they overcharge you and abuse you. Their website prices are never real and they always change because of Burning Man.
Power Distribution issue, your layout requires too many distro boxes and wiring. It becomes expensive and heavy to carry all that wires.
Camp tents are exposed to the wind and you are not making full use of the RVs shades and wind protection.

Solutions:
Use Hexayurts instead of RVs- its cheap to build and can be reused.
Rent a huge tent- Tectrac, Keder Frame and so on.... - also cheaper and you can fit a lot of people inside. I got a quote for 40X200 including transport and labor for 12000.
cluster your RVs in small U shapes, do not make Huge walls. It is more efficient do distro power for RVs that way.
Use RVs to protect and shade the tents when possible.

Caution with rentals. BMORG is a pain about the OSS-it created monopolies and exploitation from companies like United Rentals and United Site Services. You might need to be creative about how to get your rental stuff to the playa.
Big vehicles might need CDL license.

what time

Post by what time » Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:34 am

Sham wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:36 pm
To the OP, do you have these 13 RVs reserved already? Local RV rental places run out pretty quickly for the week of Burning Man.
Now we have only 4 rv in Rent...my friend wait main ticket sell, and only after rent rv , i know this its stupid but i cannot make for alll body rent rv, if he no make booking rv he sleep in Hexayurts.

and I have one more question if I didn’t indicate on the accommodation form that I want to use gas in the kitchen, do I need to redo the questionnaire completely or not?
pappachuck wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:44 pm
My points:
Be realistic about the number of people if it is 20 that is 100% than plan for it not 70.
Negative points
Big $$$$ camp - you can make it cheaper so you can invest on the gifting and interaction.
Big Risk of you not renting RVs in time.
RVs are like a mafia, they overcharge you and abuse you. Their website prices are never real and they always change because of Burning Man.
Power Distribution issue, your layout requires too many distro boxes and wiring. It becomes expensive and heavy to carry all that wires.
Camp tents are exposed to the wind and you are not making full use of the RVs shades and wind protection.

Solutions:
Use Hexayurts instead of RVs- its cheap to build and can be reused.
Rent a huge tent- Tectrac, Keder Frame and so on.... - also cheaper and you can fit a lot of people inside. I got a quote for 40X200 including transport and labor for 12000.
cluster your RVs in small U shapes, do not make Huge walls. It is more efficient do distro power for RVs that way.

Caution with rentals. BMORG is a pain about the OSS-it created monopolies and exploitation from companies like United Rentals and United Site Services. You might need to be creative about how to get your rental stuff to the playa.
Big vehicles might need CDL license.

Thank you so much, this yera we want make Hexayrts kitchen
minus hexayrts - we need a warehouse to store them, we have a warehouse but it is very small, the backyard is a house
Use RVs to protect and shade the tents when possible. --- yes yes

can you tell me more about this, i check how sun set and sunrise in BRC and i put like this, how can i do more better? thank you for answer

P.s
At first I thought it was all simple, I know how to make camping, I lived so much time in tents and in the wild, but now I realized what a huge amount of work it was to think over every little thing, every corner, every shadow, I was upset that something was not working, but to this goal, every day there is some difficulty, but it is spreading my horizons and I am learning new things

Popeye
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Beaverton

Post by Popeye » Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:20 pm

"cluster your RVs in small U shapes, do not make Huge walls. It is more efficient do distro power for RVs that way.
can you tell me more about this, i check how sun set and sunrise in BRC and i put like this, how can i do more better? thank you for answer "

Depending on where you camp the orientation of the sunpath, streets, any shade and your tent/yurt will change and change again throughout the day. Burning man is set up on a clock face (circle) and the sunpath is a straight line. You can use http://suncalc.net/ to look at the sunpath for various locations in Burning Man and get an idea of how to set up shaded areas for different camp sites. The lat and longitude is about 40.787 x -119.206.
OR
You can assume the clock face is pretty close to other years and aproximate:
If you camp at 3:00, looking at the Man sunrise will be over the mountains to your right.
Camping at 6:00, looking at the man sunrise will be to the right of the man.
Never been at 3:00 at sunrise but I'll guess sunrise will be roughly in line with the man.
“Tell me, what is it you plan to do / with your one wild and precious life?” Mary Oliver

what time

Post by what time » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:25 am

Popeye wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:20 pm
"cluster your RVs in small U shapes, do not make Huge walls. It is more efficient do distro power for RVs that way.
can you tell me more about this, i check how sun set and sunrise in BRC and i put like this, how can i do more better? thank you for answer "

Depending on where you camp the orientation of the sunpath, streets, any shade and your tent/yurt will change and change again throughout the day. Burning man is set up on a clock face (circle) and the sunpath is a straight line. You can use http://suncalc.net/ to look at the sunpath for various locations in Burning Man and get an idea of how to set up shaded areas for different camp sites. The lat and longitude is about 40.787 x -119.206.
OR
If you camp at 3:00, looking at the Man sunrise will be over the mountains to your right.
Never been at 3:00 at sunrise but I'll guess sunrise will be roughly in line with the man.

Tnank you so much, you really help me, but i dont know about my place in BRC, inly 1 july placements give adress, i wait thiw time for think about sunpath , or i can think before this?

what time

Post by what time » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:00 am

Sup everyone!

This year we want to recreate our Indian chill using Geodome as a base, so I’ve got some questions to anyone with dome installation practice:
I want me to have all the new knowledge, and all that I want to get away from Geodom. I want it to be possible, to be comfortable, and all options are thought out how to make it enjoyable to use.

* What the best color of outside cover? White? Mirrored? How hot will be inside in different cases?
* How many AC/person?
* How many fans/person?

*How many pcs Centrifugal Big fan
If I put Solar Centrifugal Fan size 350x360x285
And I think about
Fan work with cold water 340 W (new more for fun)
Can you tell me who have practice, what more better for geodome?
I want to attach a photo below as I would like to use a fan

We are trying to decide between full and not-full cover, want to do full one so much..

Geodome diameter 20m (~66ft)

And one more thing: 3500kg container with all the stuff including the dome will be shipped from India by air/by the sea - , could it be any kind of problems with the dome on customs?

what time

Post by what time » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:07 am

Popeye wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:20 pm

OR
i want take this
Requested Sectors (rated)
7:30 Sector,4:30 Sector,9:00 Sector

Popeye
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Beaverton

Post by Popeye » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:42 pm

I don't want to be the asshole that tells you "this won't work" BUT I don't see much chance of you succeeding. You are looking at up to 2 months transit time by sea from India to San Fran. Plus customs and port. Then you have to get it to the playa and errect it, how will you do that by the way?
You seem to have the attitude of "throw money at it and make it work" this is completely counter to the culture of BRC, yes there are big expensive projects built by people who pour their heart and soul into it. But that is not what you are doing.
At this point you don't know what you don't know. If you have your ticket, fly over, stop at Wal Mart and pick up a tent, cooler, bike and sleeping bag. Buy some food and water at Keystone. Then come to the Burn. After you have been at least one year and know somewhat what you are talking about, then you can hope to make a success. Right now you are planning a disaster.
Good luck but...
“Tell me, what is it you plan to do / with your one wild and precious life?” Mary Oliver

what time

Post by what time » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:15 am

Popeye wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:42 pm
I don't want to be the asshole that tells you "this won't work" BUT I don't see much chance of you succeeding. You are looking at up to 2 months transit time by sea from India to San Fran. Plus customs and port. Then you have to get it to the playa and errect it, how will you do that by the way?
You seem to have the attitude of "throw money at it and make it work" this is completely counter to the culture of BRC, yes there are big expensive projects built by people who pour their heart and soul into it. But that is not what you are doing.
At this point you don't know what you don't know. If you have your ticket, fly over, stop at Wal Mart and pick up a tent, cooler, bike and sleeping bag. Buy some food and water at Keystone. Then come to the Burn. After you have been at least one year and know somewhat what you are talking about, then you can hope to make a success. Right now you are planning a disaster.
Good luck but...
from logistics calculations, the sea should arrive in a month, I have no experience how to clear the cargo in America, whether it will take a lot of time, and what costs I do not know about it and would like to ask what would count all the risks, we are a big team, we we drop everything on this tent, since we want to show what we will do inside you will definitely like, we really try, we have been working only for the realization of this dream since December, The dream of being burned is complete, now we want to give a piece of ourselves to people very spat during this time while preparing, we have already become one family and now I cannot afford to destroy everything, I hope for wise advice from experienced burners

Jackass

Post by Jackass » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:09 am

Do you have your tickets yet, how about your customers have they acquired the necessary tickets yet?

How many camping spots have you sold so far?

Token
Burning Since: 2001

Post by Token » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:11 pm

Return to “Building Camps & Villages”