Heads up Please.

Ideas, advice, tips, and tricks regarding shelter, shade, tents, and camping. Yes, this includes RV's too.
Paperman
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: EBB and Glow

Heads up Please.

Post by Paperman » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:14 pm

Two burning issues : first is I need help with camp placement form. I can't navigate it. It is way to complex. I have a med small camp ( 50' x 40' ) easy to install. no fire. I don't have a clue as to who will help me on site as it is April only. And I need an early pass and placement to know what to plan for. Second thing is main ticket sale. Yeh . I have a complaint. no notice ahead of time that the sale was happening on your " important dates" list? Found out through an email inadvertantly . And How about a posting sooner about placement form dead lines? You folks do this every year. So simple idea: when you post a dead line , LEAVE the post on until the date has passed. You don't. So if I look at important dates a few days after the post it's not there anymore? As a result had 10 days to fill out the grant proposal? Why? Didn't make it again.

Bless
Burning Since: 2012

Re: Heads up Please.

Post by Bless » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:27 pm

ePlaya is not BMorg. We don't really care about your shitty complaints.

These people might be able to help you, though: placement@burningman.org

There's also this convenient feedback page: https://burningman.org/event/feedback-loop/

Google is your friend.
FUCK YOU, I'M A WIZARD. FUCK YOU, I'M A SHARK.

Dr. Pyro
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Post by Dr. Pyro » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:37 pm

I don't necessarily always agree with Bless, but in this case he's absolutely right. What are you, brain damaged? They do this for the lowest-common denominator, which puts you squarely below that. If you can't figure something as easy as registering for tickets (which don't make them guaranteed as we all have learned) then maybe you should try Disneyland instead. And the form? Jesus, I filled out one for an entire village (yes, it took me about an hour) which was a quantum leap more difficult than a simple theme camp registration. If you couldn't do it (my guess is drugs) then why didn't you have one of your campmates who may not be suffering from some kind of brain tumor do it?

Sometimes I wonder how people ever navigate their way even into Black Rock City.

Luigi
Burning Since: 2014
Camp Name: VW Bus Camp

Post by Luigi » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:45 pm

Hey paper - this eplaya board has nothing to do with the burning man organization. Nada.

For tickets: go to the burning man webpage, click on 'events' and click on tickets for all the info and dates.

Good luck with that! Thanks for the entertaining post.
"Water is the driving force of all nature. " Leonardo da Vinci

Eric
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Post by Eric » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:58 pm

Luigi wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:45 pm
Hey paper - this eplaya board has nothing to do with the burning man organization. Nada.
Incorrect - we are under the Burning Man Communications Department. 100% part of Burning Man, which is why topics you'll see on reddit or facebook may be off-limits here.

You are correct in the rest of your statement that the OP needs to contact the correct departments, however. We're more of a place of general inquiry, you are not going to get specific department approval or replies through ePlaya.
It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Regarding Scammers & Scalpers
Please read above link for all official information.

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly

Ratty
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Post by Ratty » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:08 pm

Oh my! Did you miss all the deadlines? I have 2 old fashioned paper calendars in the house and a calendar on my phone. I bet it even has alarms on it. The Placement app takes an hour once you do your researce and make your layout. (I use graph paper and little colored foam pieces.) It's not rocket science. My Dad was a rocket scientist so I know the difference. Don't expect a lot of sympathy. We work hard for our money.

You have 8 days to figure out the placement app. they will ask you for a back up person. I'm sure you know ONE person. Even if they don't end up being the co-lead put em in. You can change it later. The smallest camps are 50 by 50 so make a layout for your stuff that size. Explain your activities for the community at large. Good luck.
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah

Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

maladroit
Burning Since: 2012

Post by maladroit » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:23 pm

Amazing that the line "this board has nothing to do with BMORG you idiot" still has traction at eplaya.burningman.org

Luigi
Burning Since: 2014
Camp Name: VW Bus Camp

Post by Luigi » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:58 pm

Well, it does say eplaya.burningman.org at the header. So yes, we are part of burning man communications dept.

Too bad we can't help him get tickets. Or placement. Or a 'grant'. But we can tell him where to go.
"Water is the driving force of all nature. " Leonardo da Vinci

Eric
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Post by Eric » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:58 pm

Luigi wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:58 pm
Too bad we can't help him get tickets. Or placement. Or a 'grant'. But we can tell him where to go.
You're right - just like any large organization, different departments specialize in different things.
You want to get help laying out a camp/ disposing of grey-water/ building a structure, art piece, or Mutant Vehicle/ learn how to deal with campmates both in general and specific (like RV "house rules" from experience)/ figure out how to find people on the playa/ learn why people prefer certain bikes to help you figure out which might work best for you/ etc etc - that's what we specialize in. We're a Burning Man brain-trust here voluntarily to help out other Burners.

Most of the Mods here are in Placed camps, guess what, we still have to go through Placement & meet their criteria and get our forms in on time; that's what Placement specializes in and we don't get any slack on it. Same with everything - each department does what it does, and other departments don't have access to their info except at the Main Office level.
It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Regarding Scammers & Scalpers
Please read above link for all official information.

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly

Return to “Building Camps & Villages”