New tape won't stick to old hexayurt?

Ideas, advice, tips, and tricks regarding shelter, shade, tents, and camping. Yes, this includes RV's too.
asinglecandle
Burning Since: 2016

New tape won't stick to old hexayurt?

Post by asinglecandle » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:00 pm

Have a chance to use a hexayurt that's been stored in a camp's shipping container for some years. They told me that they tried to set it up a couple times but that they couln't get the new tape to stick. Assuming they are using the correct 6" bi-directional packing tape, what could be the issue (besides dust, obviously)?

Sham

Re: New tape won't stick to old hexayurt?

Post by Sham » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:04 pm

Clean the surface with window cleaner, then Goof Off liquid solvent.

lucky420
Burning Since: 2021
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Post by lucky420 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:18 pm

asinglecandle wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:00 pm
Have a chance to use a hexayurt that's been stored in a camp's shipping container for some years. They told me that they tried to set it up a couple times but that they couln't get the new tape to stick. Assuming they are using the correct 6" bi-directional packing tape, what could be the issue (besides dust, obviously)?
Make sure they’re using the correct tape. Yeah I can’t think of any other reason why it wouldn’t stick.
I camped in a hexayurt for 6 years up there and for the most part used the same panels year in year out. Had to clean them off first of course, but yeah...
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Post by Elderberry » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:08 pm

Same here. We take the old tape off where required, then wash all of the panels with soap and water. Never had a problem with the tape sticking.
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

Return to “Building Camps & Villages”