To all you assholes with generators,

A place to discuss all things involving power and technology (including cameras). Generator tips, alternative energy, lighting your camp/bike/art/self, sound systems and more.
Captain Goddammit
Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: First Camp

Re: To all you assholes with generators,

Post by Captain Goddammit » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:34 am

Remember, this thread isn’t about people with generators, it’s about assholes with generators.
Not same thing.
GreyCoyote: "At this rate it wont be long before he is Admiral Fukkit."

Guard Dawg
Burning Since: 2019

Post by Guard Dawg » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:10 am

Captain Goddammit wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:34 am
Remember, this thread isn’t about people with generators, it’s about assholes with generators.
Not same thing.

Yes, I agree, not that my agreement was solicited or nesscessary but hopefully appreciated.

Yes, if someone politely complains about behavior or activity, such as an annoying sound, In the spirit of festivities burners should certainly reciprocate in good faith by trying to cease offending behavior or activity to avoid unpleasant confrontation or LEO contact.
Be who you are, say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter won't mind—Dr. Suess

Token
Burning Since: 2001

Post by Token » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:12 am

Sonny, for someone who has yet to make their first trek out to the Playa, you sure a shit got a lot to say about how things need to be.

Hit the brakes a bit, take the ride, then come back and we can talk.

You got a lot of expectations going in and this ride will hit you like a Mack Truck.

Right now you’re talking out of your ass all over the board.

Captain Goddammit

Post by Captain Goddammit » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:58 am

Generators, even loud ones, are allowed at Burning Man.
Refusing to appease the neighbors noise complaints will not result in
LEO contact or intervention.

BRC is a loud place. There will be music you don’t always like, at very loud volume. There will be noise.
There will be loud parties.
All these things will happen at all hours of the day and night. If you can’t roll with this, don’t go.

Still, if you’re not an asshole you’ll avoid bringing a lawnmower-engine generator or at least noise-baffle it.
But yeah, if you’ve never even been there, you don’t know how things are.

Guard Dawg

Post by Guard Dawg » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:47 pm

quote=Token post_id=1167004 time=1534871541 user_id=339]
Sonny, for someone who has yet to make their first trek out to the Playa, you sure a shit got a lot to say about how things need to be.

Hit the brakes a bit, take the ride, then come back and we can talk.

You got a lot of expectations going in and this ride will hit you like a Mack Truck.

Right now you’re talking out of your ass all over the board.
[/quote]

Well, thank you brother for your edifying and welcoming words of brotherly love, inclusion and acceptance. No need to get your "Depends" in a wad Oldtimer!

Why do you find it necessary or compelled to publicly humiliate me? Does it bolster your weak self-image?

Now one of my concerns is having a toxic, narcissistic neighbor with anger management issues. GESH!

In the short time I have joined this forum, I have witnessed Burners advocate murder, vandalism against other Burners for essentially amount to petty grievances and now have been cyber-bullied and victimized by a Burner.

Peace to all.

Why do you feel compelled to attack and belittle me? Such a downer and buzz kill Sour feng shui and just downright manners. Now I am beginning to rethink my participation because of fear is of having a narcissistic neighbor such as yourself.
Be who you are, say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter won't mind—Dr. Suess

Guard Dawg

Post by Guard Dawg » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:52 pm

This supersedes prior post.

Well, thank you brother for your edifying and welcoming words of brotherly love, inclusion and acceptance. No need to get your "Depends" in a wad Oldtimer!

Now one of my concerns is having a narcissistic neighbor with anger management issues. GESH!

Token

Post by Token » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:05 pm

Like some including me have said.

You haven’t been.
You have preconceived notions on what you think it is, and you’re way off from reality.

Go learn about the 30+ year history that led to Burning Man. It has roots in the late 70s - early 80s counter culture in San Francisco.

It’s not a big green lovefest you seem to think it is. Quite the opposite. Very tribal and ripe with anarchism.

Funny how you went reading old posts from a decade ago and only fixated on negative incidents. Says allot about your motivations. Think about that.

Don’t be discouraged, stay a while, talk to people instead of preaching. You may find a niche that fits your palette.

And yes, you got a spanking. Us old fucks and our Depends value the lost art of spankings. That’s the main thing all the millennial are missing. A good whooping instead of the 12th place ribbon.

And please don’t mock anal seepage in the elderly. It happens and hopefully you live a long and happy life that will lead to that lovely experience. Time gets us all eventually. ;)

Jackass

Post by Jackass » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:26 pm

"Guard Dawg"
Now I am beginning to rethink my participation because of fear is of having a narcissistic neighbor such as yourself.
Are you looking to sell your ticket then? Cuz I'll take it!
Sooner or later, it will get real strange...

11th Principle: Depussyfication - Keeping Burning Man potentially lethal. Token

Guard Dawg

Post by Guard Dawg » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:23 pm

Token wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:05 pm

Like some including me have said.

You haven’t been.
You have preconceived notions on what you think it is, and you’re way off from reality.
How do you know what I think?
Token wrote:
Go learn about the 30+ year history that led to Burning Man. It has roots in the late 70s - early 80s counter culture in San Francisco.
I have for years. Consideration and respect for the peace and tranquility of other others is fundamental citizenship. You will be perfectly cool with me pounding on my drums all day and night?
Token wrote:
It’s not a big green lovefest you seem to think it is.
How unfortunate. I have no interest in rowdiness or violence.

Token wrote:
Quite the opposite. Very tribal and ripe with anarchism.
So, anarchism advocates trampling on the natural rights of others?
Token wrote:
Funny how you went reading old posts from a decade ago and only fixated on negative incidents. Says allot about your motivations. Think about that.
Example?
Token wrote:
Don’t be discouraged, stay a while, talk to people instead of preaching. You may find a niche that fits your palette.
I will backpack in and volunteer for the post-event clean-up so I can basked quietly in the peace and solitude of the Playa.
Token wrote:
And yes, you got a spanking. Us old fucks and our Depends value the lost art of spankings. That’s the main thing all the millennial are missing. A good whooping instead of the 12th place ribbon.
Spanked, by who?
Token wrote:
And please don’t mock anal seepage in the elderly. It happens and hopefully you live a long and happy life that will lead to that lovely experience. Time gets us all eventually. ;)
Unfortunately, some people, particularly assholes, live too long.

Peace and goodwill to all.

Token

Post by Token » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:52 pm

Guard Dawg wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:23 pm

See! You’re learning! You’re starting to get it!

Stay a while, engage in the conversation.

unjonharley
Camp Name: Elliot's naked bycycel repair

Post by unjonharley » Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:09 pm

Captain Goddammit wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:34 am
Not same thing.
Some are just ass hole ..
I'm the contraptioneer your mother warned you about.

Captain Goddammit

Post by Captain Goddammit » Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:24 pm

Lol... people DO pound drums all night.
Peace and tranquility have very little to do with Burning Man.

Token

Post by Token » Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:43 pm

Guard Dawg

Post by Guard Dawg » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:14 am

Token wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:52 pm
Guard Dawg wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:23 pm

See! You’re learning! You’re starting to get it!

Stay a while, engage in the conversation.
I plan to stay but this forum isn't very active. I registered with Spark but now I can't log on.

Return to “Power & Electronics”