Denon MCX8000 dj equipment

A place to discuss all things involving power and technology (including cameras). Generator tips, alternative energy, lighting your camp/bike/art/self, sound systems and more.
Cory5000
Burning Since: 2012

Denon MCX8000 dj equipment

Postby Cory5000 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:22 pm

Has anyone used the Denon MCX8000 on the playa before for djing? If so, how did it work out. This will be my first year using it on the playa. I brought my laptop and Numark controller for the last two years and everything worked pretty well. It eventually had some issues and I was able to return it through the warranty. Instead of getting the same one, I upgraded to the stand alone player this time MCX8000. Im hoping it will be as durable as the Numark controller. If anyone has used it out there, please let me know how it worked out. Thank you

watchyourfeet
Burning Since: 2013

Re: Denon MCX8000 dj equipment

Postby watchyourfeet » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:22 am

I used a MC6000 out there a couple times. After the last time I started having some issues with sliders and crossfaders. Maybe it was the dust, or maybe it was the numerous drinks that have been spilled on that thing over the last 5 or 6 years. If I were you I would seal it up as well as you can, and pack it away in a dust proof case when you aren't actively using it. Probably worth opening the case up to blow the dust out when you get home too.

Cory5000

Postby Cory5000 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:44 am

Thx watchyourfeet. That gives me a little hope. I can't believe the abuse my Numark nv and old MAC laptop took out there. I did have a couple issues with the some buttons and sliders as well but overall it never stopped working. I'm concerned with the MCX8000 being a stand alone player that there will be more vulnerable computer parts inside the device. I will seal it up best I can like u suggested and hope for the best. Thx

Cory5000

Postby Cory5000 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:45 pm

update:
It sucked hard. It kept glitching and dropping out. Took us three days to get it working. It finally worked as a controller which meant bringing my brand new laptop out to get wrecked. As a controller it stayed pretty solid except we lost one channel. Luckily there are 4 so we just swapped one out. As a standalone player, the thing is a piece of shit. If you are looking for a cheaper alternative to a couple pioneer cdjs and mixer, this is NOT it! It's just a fancy controller. The standalone feature is not ready for the playa. The engine software that you are forced to use for standalone mode is garbage. Don't waste all your playa time with this thing like I did, or just use it as controller.

Return to “Power & Electronics”