LED Fixtures, lighting software, dmx controller, time coding to music

A place to discuss all things involving power and technology (including cameras). Generator tips, alternative energy, lighting your camp/bike/art/self, sound systems and more.
Precioso
Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: The G String

LED Fixtures, lighting software, dmx controller, time coding to music

Post by Precioso » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:31 pm

Hello Fello Burner,

I have an art installation, The G String, that uses 7 dmx RGB LED light fixtures and an old Obey 40. I am looking to upgrade my lighting package and I need to control brightness, strobe, color static, color fade of my 7 fixtures. I want to program the dmx controller to coincide/synchronize with music....as easily as fees-ably possible. Or spend an extra hundred to make it easier. my time is more valuable than my money right now. Anyone with advice and experience on what hardware/software they recommend is appreciated. I have adj mydmx3.0 but as far as i can tell, it is not conducive to time syncing.

lumusislight
Burning Since: 2018

Re: LED Fixtures, lighting software, dmx controller, time coding to music

Post by lumusislight » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:19 am

Hi

I've decided to start Arduino projects so far. I have dependably been more into programming based stuff, for example, scripting. But anyway, fundamental inquiry...

The entire reason I am getting into gadgets, and all the more particularly the Arduino, is a direct result of lights. Heaps of lights. Like having LED line the highest point of my dividers parts. What I am endeavoring to do at present is to attempt and get four segments of LEDs arranged at the highest point of my dividers to adjust to music and on Arduino forum making a light show that syncs to the music live to write my essay fast task. That is only a beginning stage for the time being. These are the parts that I comprehend I need to set it up until this point.

Return to “Power & Electronics”