bikini line maintainance on playa?

What to wear? What not to wear? Come here to find and how to make anything you'd wear on your body - from goggles and playawear to bodypainting and adornments.
neccessity

bikini line maintainance on playa?

Post by neccessity » Sat Aug 19, 2006 7:55 pm

1st: Does anyone actually bother?

2nd: Shaving? Depilatory cream? And don't say waxing. No, no, I'm sure it lasts all week and it's sexy and all but hell no.

3rd: Really, do you?

4th: Really, no wax. no.
Teh mother of invention

Token
Burning Since: 2001

Post by Token » Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:12 pm

With at least three camps that I know of that provide services in this area, one of which is a theme camp that does nothing but...

...makes me wonder as well.

ibdave
Burning Since: 1998

Post by ibdave » Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:13 pm

wax on wax off

sorry
I was Born OK the 1st Time....

Don't bring defaultia to Burning Man, take Burning Man to defaultia...... graidawg

neccessity

Post by neccessity » Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:24 pm

Token, got names? I'm actually considering having my cha-cha done... wow... I must be really tired.

Dave, HELL no. Did I say hell no? I meant FUCK NO!! Never have, never will.
Teh mother of invention

haolegolucky
Burning Since: 2005

Post by haolegolucky » Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:35 pm

nair.

some people it burns their skin off, others not a problem.

its gross, but what did you expect from something melting your hair?

keeps it smooth for quite sometime though.

Silver 2

Post by Silver 2 » Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:46 pm

In '04 there was a young woman that I saw regularly with "NO BUSH" written on her belly and am arrow pointing down. On Friday she had "STUBBLE'" on her belly and an arrow. I walked up, hugged her and told her I would remember and love her forever.

Now for a real answer, if you are not going for a full wipeout, buy a razor or two and put a warn wet towel on the um, area and after a few minutes some shaving cream and scrape away. Nair works as long as you don't get too close to the goal, this would be a bad thing.

Will say that most of the women I know that worry about that sort of thing are hitting the waxer this week. While I have not waxed the privy parts (trim always) the last time I was in really good shape I waxed my chest and it wasn't that bad.
I like playing with fire.

ej

Re: bikini line maintainance on playa?

Post by ej » Sun Aug 20, 2006 6:47 am

Since I can't wax, I usually use depilatory cream. I try and wait up until the last feasible minute before I hit the road, and it can usually last most of the week. I have used the razor blade and a wet towel method as well, but you have to shave carefully. One year I brought a battery-powered shaver, which worked well if you didn't look [i]too[/i] closely!

Token

Post by Token » Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:40 am

neccessity wrote:Token, got names? I'm actually considering having my cha-cha done...
Punani Trim Parlor Chance And 4:30

Also see the playa event calendar at:

http://www.burningman.com/calendar/play ... e=20060828

and

http://www.burningman.com/calendar/play ... e=20060828

T

sunnflower

Post by sunnflower » Sun Aug 20, 2006 2:23 pm

Last year I did my own shaving (all off, all week)...

this year I'm waxing right before so I don't have to bother. I alternate at home: bare/brazilian I don't like the creams like Nair, they don't seem to work well and ouch...yes, watch the delicate areas!

Hoping waxing right before will do the trick this year!

neccessity

Post by neccessity » Sun Aug 20, 2006 5:45 pm

Well, it looks like I'm gonna go with the Nair just beforehand and let it go the rest of the week. I did break down and buy home waxing strips but doubt I'll make it past one before freaking out. Last time I tried waxing my legs I swore for a half hour and made my husband promise to never ever let me try it again! Had good results with the nair in the past though. Pretty easy, no side effects, just not terribly long lasting. Will be considering those playa parlors though...
Teh mother of invention

AntiM
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:45 am

I am sooo glad I love my simple scissor-trimmed au naturel happy bits. Of course, I don't think I can still REACH everything to nair/wax/shave it off anymore. Interesting new hair growth in surprising places, gotta love maturity, HAH!

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:25 am

Hirsute and Happy.

It caught me one husband!
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

ellisbelle

Post by ellisbelle » Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:12 pm

neccessity wrote:Well, it looks like I'm gonna go with the Nair just beforehand and let it go the rest of the week. I did break down and buy home waxing strips but doubt I'll make it past one before freaking out. Last time I tried waxing my legs I swore for a half hour and made my husband promise to never ever let me try it again! ..
My suggestion: go to a pro. It'll be A LOT less painful and you'll get way better results. Get a recommendation for a waxer from a friend. It still hurts but the pros do it a lot faster and have a much surer hand. It's all about the fast, determined, and perfectly timed rip. Learn to time your breaths with the rip, take a tylenol before you go in to the salon, and try not to have it done immediately prior to or after your period. Supposedly the pain receptors are a bit more tuned in at that time of the month.

neccessity

Post by neccessity » Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:05 pm

Yeah..... think I'll stick with Nair, thanks. No need to time my breath or use drugs.
Teh mother of invention

ellisbelle

Post by ellisbelle » Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:50 am

neccessity wrote:Yeah..... think I'll stick with Nair, thanks. No need to time my breath or use drugs.
I guess I just thought one Tylenol was preferable to smearing that nasty hair-dissolving bad-smelling chemical all over your delicates. (what's in that stuff anyway?) My suggestion to go to a pro was only if you were thinking of waxing - and it sounded like you had bought some home waxing strips. But to each her own!

ChiChe

I swear by this stuff....

Post by ChiChe » Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:52 am

I've been using Coochy Cream for several years now. I use it to shave all my bits including legs, underarms and of course ... my coochie :-)

Also doubles as an amazing hair conditioner!

See ya'll there :-)

leftbraindp

Post by leftbraindp » Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:25 pm

A friend of mine just reccommended Veet to me when I thought I wouldn't be able to get my legs done... it comes with a nifty little scraper and doesn't smell as bad... she said she did (not sure what and I don't want to know) on her husband and it stayed off for about a week and a half... not sure you would want to use it for shaving everything there, but it should work well for bikini areas :)
-------

Gets bored easily...

neccessity

Post by neccessity » Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:05 pm

Yeah the newest veet is totally awesome, and what I plan to go with actually.
Teh mother of invention

sunnflower

Post by sunnflower » Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:23 pm

ohmigosh...did the wax today at a spa...yes, I took your advice, Elle, took Advil prior...wish I'd had something stronger!! My esthestician (sp) said that she recommends it as well! Yikes the pain, but much better results than shaving, that's for sure!

We're leaving tomorrow for BM...see you girls there!

Return to “Clothing & Playawear”