Name Tags and Labels

What to wear? What not to wear? Come here to find and how to make anything you'd wear on your body - from goggles and playawear to bodypainting and adornments.
AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Name Tags and Labels

Post by AntiM » Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:12 am

Did you set down your stuff and can't find it? Lost and found works to a certain extent but here's an idea I use ... labels. Name tags. Luggage tags. Any thing which you can throw a name and addy on so your long lost item returns to you. Put your name in your underwear if you think it might wander off! Sew in labels on big furry coats and hats. Take a picture of your label with your digital camera!

I have those mailing labels that every charity seems to send. I stick those on small things like cameras. I print up playa business cards, those go in things like pockets and camelbaks. We have luggage tags which work well on bikes and packs ... even award ribbons have a little cardboard tag on the back where you can put info. Sometimes I use labels and cards and tags.

Some items get playa info only, others get RL contact info.

Put a tag on your keys!!!!!!!!

When you lock your bike, run the cable through the arm of that big furry coat which is too hot to dance in. Coats, like bikes, get permanently borrowed.

gyre

Post by gyre » Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:30 am

All great advice.
The python lock can wrap around things like capes too.

I think name tags tor people are a great idea too.
More than once I talked to someone without realizing we knew each other for quite some time.
When it's dry it can get hard to understand speech too.

hunter S

Post by hunter S » Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:35 am

I found a very nice camra on burn night, the owner had taken a piture of his mail box & we were able to return it! just a thought!

Every bike in our camp that has gone off on ....playa adventures with out it's owner has come home via an address lable! :P
Objects behind you may appeare larger than reality!

Return to “Clothing & Playawear”