Great Playa work gloves for sensitive hands

What to wear? What not to wear? Come here to find and how to make anything you'd wear on your body - from goggles and playawear to bodypainting and adornments.
RedHeaven
Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Cirque Du Cliche

Great Playa work gloves for sensitive hands

Postby RedHeaven » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:58 pm

I got a pair of these gardening gloves and brought them to BRC last time I was there and they rocked. They rocked so hard I just got a new fresh pair because I think I enjoy wearing them on playa even when I'm not working. I have really sensitive hands, my skin gets really dry and cuticles crack in everyday life, playa just destroys them. When I wear these (Theyre called 'Touch') I can feel things in detail, its like wearing skin, and they breathe well. They have grip too. I just got a pair of hot pink ones, thought I would share the random new fun burning man item I just discovered ;)

http://www.gardenbasket.com/atlas_nitrile_glove.html

I got mine for 6 bucks at local garden shop.

Savannah
Burning Since: 2018

Re: Great Playa work gloves for sensitive hands

Postby Savannah » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:55 am

Cool! Thanks for the idea. :)

As one whose hands get a little battered herself, allow me to recommend in return Liquid Bandage--the kind that comes in a small bottle with a little brush. (I believe I use "Skin Shield" from Walgreen's.) It's wonderful for hangnails/cuticles and very, very fine cuts that are hard to bandage. It's antiseptic & can stay on for a day or two through multiple hand-washings.

headquarters

Re: Great Playa work gloves for sensitive hands

Postby headquarters » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:26 am

yeah atlas nitrile gloves are awesome. I've been using them for work for the last 15 years.

Return to “Clothing & Playawear”