Man Clothes

What to wear? What not to wear? Come here to find and how to make anything you'd wear on your body - from goggles and playawear to bodypainting and adornments.
dj_shuze
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: KAOS (in the Hive)

Re: Man Clothes

Post by dj_shuze » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:19 am

AntiM wrote:Also look in thrift shops for short sleeveless dresses. Many make great long tank tops for men. MyLarry has several little skater dresses he got at Hot Topic on clearance. Perfect tops.
Awesome suggestion.

Thecatman
Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: alone

Post by Thecatman » Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:31 pm

My cats are cuter than your grandkids!

"Government is not the solution to our problems, government is the problem." Ronald Reagan

Ratty
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Post by Ratty » Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:16 pm

Well, that didn't post. Anybody for a sandwich?
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah

Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

Jeanie
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Orphan Asylum

Post by Jeanie » Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:33 am

Kilts are comfy in the heat, my BullBunny has one and loves it. Tutu is traditionally worn on Tutu Tuesday but of course you can wear anytime. Hats are fun and can be really nice on the colder nights. Fishing vest for all the pockets, if you feel creative you can adorn it with the gift buttons you collect as you go. Also, look for things with a belt loop for your carabiner and beverage container. :)

Krittercal
Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: Heart Tribe

Post by Krittercal » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:43 am

Love all the suggestions here!! Yes, it's all about what makes you happy :) Finally a place that you don't need to feel limited by whats "socially acceptable", where you can just wear what ever makes you smile. I'm copied what I posted on another thread about easy men's clothing ideas, with some extra suggestions:

At thrift stores - bright colored caftans/mumus work great (have to hitch them up when bike riding) for covering skin during a hot daytime so you're not getting burnt. Look for larger size women's dresses, find something flowy and light. You might want to experiment with gender bending/drag, or you might not. Either way, dresses are comfortable! Old tux shirts are fabulous, but hard to find. Or get light colored men's button up shirts, especially ones with pearl buttons, I love those, and stencil some cool designs on them in metallic paint. Indian style pants in light flowing cotton are great and you can find them in bright colors. Funky hats! Easy to add on colorful fabrics, found objects. I love the superhero theme - super easy to have a pair of fun underwear with a cape that you easily make out of colorful fabric and stitch a design on it make out of cutouts of other fabric. Metallic, sparkly shirts in larger women's sizes could be good with that.

Want to be an animal? A mythical creature? Simply yourself in an outfit all of your favorite bright color? All super easy with some thrift store finds and extra fabric. Maybe a little extra crafting with some metallic paint and a glue gun.

Have fun!! :)

Return to “Clothing & Playawear”