Burning NAKED

What to wear? What not to wear? Come here to find and how to make anything you'd wear on your body - from goggles and playawear to bodypainting and adornments.
FIGJAM

Re: Burning NAKED

Post by FIGJAM » Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:33 am

This was just too much fun to be forgotten! 8)

http://eplaya.burningman.org/viewtopic.php?t=34239
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

"If I can't find an answer, I'll create one!!!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me

Aurelia
Burning Since: 1986
Camp Name: the Love Camp

Post by Aurelia » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:02 am

So would the new "Casanova" from Orange County please stand up
It is the several burns later that could tell about it

Runlinds
Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Camp Walter

Post by Runlinds » Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:03 pm

Dr. Pyro wrote:
Runlinds wrote:I plan on spending more time naked or topless this year. I probably wouldn't spend much time at camp since I feel like I might weird my friends out.
Then may I suggest you meet a whole new group of friends at Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro? Wouldn't want you to get all lonely or something.
I spent some time there last year-it was great! Someone opened a cooler and offered to give me an abortion (a plastic fetus w a Jell-O shot in it lol). I'm camping round 3:00 and E so I will come say hi

FIGJAM

Post by FIGJAM » Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:45 pm

That was the "Self Service Abortion Clinic and Back Alley Cinama" on the 5 o'clock spoke.

Tended by psyco jason, naked jerry, and ira shmira. 8)
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

"If I can't find an answer, I'll create one!!!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me

tatonka
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Rancho Deluxe

Post by tatonka » Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:53 pm

I should try it naked . I must have a great butt , cause after talking to people for awhile and then we part ways I always hear them say "what a ass"
Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed by the masses.
-Plato

If a good man is offered power , he has to lower himself to pick it up .

batman2013
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: any sex camp

Post by batman2013 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:22 pm

Hey!! Wheres da party at - this is my old thread!! LOVE BM!!! I didn't have ANY problem going natural last year (WOULD BE NICE IF MORE WOMEN WOULD:) and to everyone too shy or stuck-up PLEASE STAY HOME!!!!

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:16 am

batman2013 wrote:Hey!! Wheres da party at - this is my old thread!! LOVE BM!!! I didn't have ANY problem going natural last year (WOULD BE NICE IF MORE WOMEN WOULD:) and to everyone too shy or stuck-up PLEASE STAY HOME!!!!
Radical inclusion. If you want to be in a place with more nudity, try a clothing optional resort...
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Stray Dog
Camp Name: Airport

Post by Stray Dog » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:40 am

I go to nude resorts. But I'm a cotton tail. Plenty of tan lines. Being a short fat guy, we'll see how comfortable everyone else at BM going is with me nude.

"Everyone! Put on your welding masks quickly! That guy from the airport is back!"
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sundial
Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Synapse Conduit

Post by Sundial » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:49 am

FIGJAM wrote:This was just too much fun to be forgotten! 8)

http://eplaya.burningman.org/viewtopic.php?t=34239
Just...wow. :lol:
"I will not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. I will face my fear. I will let it pass through me. Where the fear has gone, there shall be nothing. Only I will remain."

illy dilly
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Gnome Dome

Post by illy dilly » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:50 am

SandC wrote:I go to nude resorts. But I'm a cotton tail. Plenty of tan lines. Being a short fat guy, we'll see how comfortable everyone else at BM going is with me nude.

"Everyone! Put on your welding masks quickly! That guy from the airport is back!"
No one will care if you're nude- as long as you bring a towel or don't sit down. :wink:
Why don't ya stick your head in that hole and find out? ~piehole
Plan for the worst, expect the best. Make the most out of it under any conditions. If you cannot do that you will never enjoy yourself. ~CrispyDave

Sundial

Post by Sundial » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:55 am

illy dilly wrote:
SandC wrote:I go to nude resorts. But I'm a cotton tail. Plenty of tan lines. Being a short fat guy, we'll see how comfortable everyone else at BM going is with me nude.

No one will care if you're nude- as long as you bring a towel or don't sit down. :wink:
A DARK towel, preferably. :mrgreen:
"I will not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. I will face my fear. I will let it pass through me. Where the fear has gone, there shall be nothing. Only I will remain."

Elliot
Burning Since: 2006

Post by Elliot » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:55 am

I've been sunning myself for perhaps 20 minutes each day for a couple of weeks. This has given me a good "base tan" to protect against sudden sunburn. Many of you still have time to dull the chalk-white spots. :D

theCryptofishist

Post by theCryptofishist » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:56 am

illy dilly wrote:

actually, as he is from the airport, I'm going to make poorly informed jokes about signaling devices at any opportunity.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.

Stray Dog

Post by Stray Dog » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:57 am

One dark stripey towel, check.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sundial

Post by Sundial » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:57 am

Elliot wrote:I've been sunning myself for perhaps 20 minutes each day for a couple of weeks. This has given me a good "base tan" to protect against sudden sunburn. Many of you still have time to dull the chalk-white spots. :D
20 minutes per side?

Elliot

Post by Elliot » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:06 am

Heck, I just lash myself to a spit driven by a lawn mower engine and read the newspaper. When I've finished the comics, I'm "done".

Sundial

Post by Sundial » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:11 am

Your neighbours must love you. :lol:

DrewDubious
Camp Name: Snuggery bunnies?

Post by DrewDubious » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:21 am

I'll take a little sunburn on my tush over gettin arrested for public nudity, indecent exposure. my neighborhood is loaded with lil rugrats on really nosey and over protective parents. :oops:

Asquared

Post by Asquared » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:28 am

here's my question/concern with being naked...

doesn't everyone and their mother have a gopro/digicam? i love being naked, but would be concerned my 13 year old nephew will be browsing youtube in a month and see his aunt with all her bits out...maybe naked with goggles and a dustmask? shit, i have a couple pretty identifying tattoos.

:?
"Settle down you two and play nice - or no dubstep for either." mdmf007
"Just look for camp 'Bad Mother Fucker' and ask for Jules." Supafly_fresh

Sundial

Post by Sundial » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:43 am

Asquared wrote:here's my question/concern with being naked...

doesn't everyone and their mother have a gopro/digicam? i love being naked, but would be concerned my 13 year old nephew will be browsing youtube in a month and see his aunt with all her bits out...maybe naked with goggles and a dustmask? shit, i have a couple pretty identifying tattoos.

:?
There are rules against public use of recorded materials from Burning Man. But of course that isn't going to stop everyone. I'd say don't go naked if you're super worried about it. Or maybe cover your face a bit and find a way to obscure those tats when you do. Maybe a little strategically placed body paint could be useful?

Elliot

Post by Elliot » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:33 am

Schtev wrote:Your neighbours must love you. :lol:
They all want to borrow the lawn-mower-powered rotisserie for their Labor Day BBQ. As for children, around here parents don't even know how many kids they have, much less care.

maladroit
Burning Since: 2012

Post by maladroit » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:50 am

Elliot wrote:
Schtev wrote:Your neighbours must love you. :lol:
They all want to borrow the lawn-mower-powered rotisserie for their Labor Day BBQ. As for children, around here parents don't even know how many kids they have, much less care.
So tender and flavorful....

dragonpilot
Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Elliot's Bicycle Repair

Post by dragonpilot » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:53 am

Asquared wrote:here's my question/concern with being naked...

doesn't everyone and their mother have a gopro/digicam? i love being naked, but would be concerned my 13 year old nephew will be browsing youtube in a month and see his aunt with all her bits out...maybe naked with goggles and a dustmask? shit, i have a couple pretty identifying tattoos. :?
Ya buys yer ticket, ya takes yer chances...
Don't bore your friends with all your troubles. Tell your enemies instead, for they will delight in hearing about them.

Savannah
Burning Since: 2018

Post by Savannah » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:15 pm

"Sunglasses + party wig + denial = PROFIT." -- Underpants Gnomes
*** 2018 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle

Aurelia
Burning Since: 1986
Camp Name: the Love Camp

Post by Aurelia » Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:47 pm

About you tube viral exposure
Yes it happens and my family is still disturbed about about one of ours
cant say I blame them it is definitely a good one

Stray Dog

Post by Stray Dog » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:01 pm

Link? :)
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Elliot

Post by Elliot » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:36 pm

Of course, you would not want to jeopardize a beloved career, or anyone you stand to inherit from. Luckily, I have neither. :roll: :lol:

Kairielise
Burning Since: 2014

Post by Kairielise » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:30 pm

I'm not offended by others being naked, nor would I ever tell someone not to do it. But one thing that does irk me, is the suggestion or implication that if I choose not to be naked in public, BM or default, that I'm somehow not expressing myself to the fullest/limiting my freedom/conforming to the norm/afraid of others judging me/embarrassed/ashamed of my body/a prude. I simply place a high value on the intimacy of being naked in front of someone, and it is a value I reserve for those I have a real connection with. In other words, if you ever see me completely naked, consider it a sign that I really appreciate and trust you, because it's not something I share with just anyone. Besides, my outfits are a big part of my art, and that is the way I express myself and how I wish to express myself on the playa. :D
Last edited by Kairielise on Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

theCryptofishist

Post by theCryptofishist » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:32 pm

Don't worry, Kairielilise, the OP (original poster) has a sort of hobby horse about this, and in no way speaks for all burners...
The Lady with a Lamprey

Elliot

Post by Elliot » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:06 pm

Kairielise wrote:I'm not offended by others being naked, nor would I ever tell someone not to do it. But one thing that does irk me, is the suggestion or implication that if I choose not to be naked in public, BM or default, that I'm somehow not expressing myself to the fullest/limiting my freedom/conforming to the norm/afraid of others judging me/embarrassed/ashamed of my body/a prude. I simply place a high value on the intimacy of being naked in front of someone, and it is a value I reserve for those I have a real connection with. In other words, if you ever see me completely naked, consider it a sign that I really appreciate and trust you, because it's not something I share with just anyone. Besides, my outfits are a big part of my art, and that is the way I express myself and how I wish to express myself on the playa. :D
Makes perfect sense to me.

Return to “Clothing & Playawear”