Nothing but Body Paint?

What to wear? What not to wear? Come here to find and how to make anything you'd wear on your body - from goggles and playawear to bodypainting and adornments.
DuQuesne
Burning Since: 2016
Camp Name: Cult of the Cat

Nothing but Body Paint?

Postby DuQuesne » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:56 am

We are doing a Body painting Camp and offering a lot of free body paint Rituals early on in the Burn.

Had anyone experience in any unexpected consequences with just wearing body paint on the Playa? We can probably do touch-ups and sun block and moisturising sessions as additional rituals.

We think we have the sun-burn issues covered - I tried out P20 over Henna paints at the Burn in 2016 although I did end up tanned with the negatives of the patterns! Any better ideas - and anything else we should try to 'cover'?
The Cult of the Cat is our Radical Ritual Camp.
There is Body Painting, Friendship, Amazing Meditation & The Wildest Adventures on the Playa

To know more, volunteer or join, then join our facebook group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cultofthecat/

BBadger
Burning Since: 2018

Re: Nothing but Body Paint?

Postby BBadger » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:10 pm

As long as you're not leaving a mess and dealing with the sunburning issues it should be fine.

The motel I stayed at after the burn wanted to know whether I had used any body paint or something like that during the event. They had some of their towels ruined by people scrubbing off body paint, and preferred that I used those washed-but-still-ruined towels for at least the first scrub. Maybe you could educate people about that kind of thing.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.

dragonpilot
Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Elliot's Bicycle Repair

Re: Nothing but Body Paint?

Postby dragonpilot » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:54 pm

Body painting is great fun and surely fits in with a Radical Ritual theme. One of the issues is cleanup...especially if wearing body paint for 8 days starts to get a little uncomfortable. Takes a fair amount of soap and water to get it all cleaned off, not to mention elbow grease...amd messy with paint chips wanting to get all over the place. YMMV.
Don't bore your friends with all your troubles. Tell your enemies instead, for they will delight in hearing about them.

Return to “Clothing & Playawear”