Burner clothes for those without perfect bodies

What to wear? What not to wear? Come here to find and how to make anything you'd wear on your body - from goggles and playawear to bodypainting and adornments.
dragonpilot
Burning Since: 2005

Re: Burner clothes for those without perfect bodies

Postby dragonpilot » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:36 pm

Just about everything I wear on the playa and at Regionals is stuff I found at thrift stores or odds and ends around the house...except perhaps for my hats, some of which I purchased, others gifted.
Don't bore your friends with all your troubles. Tell your enemies instead, for they will delight in hearing about them.

FlyingMonkey

Postby FlyingMonkey » Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:30 pm

So, what are all the imperfect bodies rocking on the Playa in a little more than a week? I know I can stand to lose 10-15 pounds but I said fuck it. I'm wearing leggings and having fun. I love the way they feel & found some that are awesome. I even have a bodysuit. :oops:

I'll never be on the cover of GQ but I'm not there to impress anyone or get laid(although I wouldn't mind to). I'm there to participate & enjoy 1 week of freedom form the default world, job pressure, and escape someone else's expectations for appropriate. I'm there to camp with old friends and make new ones. I will wear tight clothes, I will be shinny & illuminated and I apologize in advance because I will probably reveal more of me than some care to see :-)

Woot woot!

Imperfection is the new perfection (did I go to far there?)

-Dave (OP), what did you come up with???
In your wildest dreams you can not imagine the marvelous SURPRISES that await YOU.

BBadger
Burning Since: 2018

Postby BBadger » Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:41 pm

Oh no, maybe I'll fail to impress someone I don't know and don't care about. Someone I won't see ever again after the week in the desert, or for that matter, after riding past them to have fun somewhere else.
Last edited by BBadger on Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.

FlyingMonkey

Postby FlyingMonkey » Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:45 pm

BBadger wrote:Oh no, maybe I'll fail to impress someone I don't know and don't care about. Someone I won't see ever again after the week in the desert, or for that matter, after riding past them to having fun somewhere else.

Exactly!
In your wildest dreams you can not imagine the marvelous SURPRISES that await YOU.

lucky420
Burning Since: I'm not sure
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Postby lucky420 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:51 pm

BBadger wrote:Oh no, maybe I'll fail to impress someone I don't know and don't care about. Someone I won't see ever again after the week in the desert, or for that matter, after riding past them to have fun somewhere else.

Easy for you to say Mr. tall trim drink of water...

:)
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

BBadger
Burning Since: 2018

Postby BBadger » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:45 pm

lucky420 wrote:Easy for you to say Mr. tall trim drink of water...

:)

Ahahaha! :D Though I'm certainly not immune.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.

FlyingMonkey

Postby FlyingMonkey » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:59 pm

DerbyDave 18 wrote:I do make a lot of my own clothes but I and others who aren't one of the zero body fat group would love to find places either online or retail stores that carry clothes for people other than the one type of burner they all seem to cater to. I've found the Thai Fisherman pants and baggy things like that but would like to find more fun or unique types of clothes.

So Dave, How was your Burn? Do we get a post-Playa report? What did you end up doing?

gaminwench
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: DOTA, EoD, OBOP, Destiny Lounge

Postby gaminwench » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:53 am

And, more importantly, WHAT WERE YOU WEARING???

(FWIW, I wear Braids, Boy shorts and Boots for everything *maybe a coat in the wee hours*)
((*and I AM NOT a sparkle pony*))
"the prophecies of doom were better last year" trilo

patriciaringca
Burning Since: 2017

Postby patriciaringca » Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:24 am

I thought that I heard it all. This is new one.

Return to “Clothing & Playawear”