Clothing lights and washing

What to wear? What not to wear? Come here to find and how to make anything you'd wear on your body - from goggles and playawear to bodypainting and adornments.
RossF
Burning Since: 2015

Clothing lights and washing

Postby RossF » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:16 pm

Hi all,
I'm going for my third year in a row this year, and between all the theme-camp work, I've done nearly nothing to improve my personal style. Last year, I sewed some EL wire into a cheap vest that I ended up wearing a fair bit, but now I can't wash the damn thing!

I've got a beautiful knee length faux fur coat that I'd really love to light from the inside, but is there a good way to do it where I can still wash the it? Velcro? Loops to hook LED wire on? Something else?

Thanks in advance,
Ross

Ratty
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Re: Clothing lights and washing

Postby Ratty » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:45 pm

Go to the fabric store and buy 'real' safety pins. Not the cheap, bendable things you get at the dollar store. Real safety pins are not cheap but they are INDESTRUCTIBLE. Safety pin your wire or your loops for your wire. Then throw away those imitation pins.
Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote
I a recovering swagaholic I have to resist my grabby nature VultureChow
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah
We're out there to play like adults with no adult supervision CaptG

hug+kiss
Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Destiny Lounge

Re: Clothing lights and washing

Postby hug+kiss » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:19 pm

I did the same thing with vests and a tutu or two a few years ago. After the time it took to do one with sewing I went to the safety pins. Best idea ever. Last year I didn't even bother trying to wash them. I pulled them out night two on playa, I didn't even notice the dust on them.

Return to “Clothing & Playawear”