Tankers coveralls with butt flap - seeking a source

What to wear? What not to wear? Come here to find and how to make anything you'd wear on your body - from goggles and playawear to bodypainting and adornments.
pug
Burning Since: 2014
Camp Name: Emerge-n-See InTentsIV Care Unit

Tankers coveralls with butt flap - seeking a source

Post by pug » Mon May 28, 2018 3:21 pm

I've heard of tankers coveralls with a butt flap as a practical and useful piece of gear. The flap sounds hugely practical as I can't imagine trying to "drop cov" in a messy porto later in the week and keep from dipping it in the floor debris. Doing some eBay searching it's been a bit hit or miss to find exact ones that have the butt flap.

Anyone know a specific designation or name to make the searches work? Or a source? Or experience with them?

Popeye
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Beaverton

Re: Tankers coveralls with butt flap - seeking a source

Post by Popeye » Mon May 28, 2018 9:08 pm

nobody wants to live in a world with only one flavor...

pug

Post by pug » Tue May 29, 2018 10:05 pm

Aww you're so cute. The search results are basically useless on that link. Would be great if I was looking for something like pajamas.

I did finally find this set on eBay -> https://www.ebay.com/itm/USED-CVC-SUIT- ... 2411292254 The key was to not use "butt flap" but focus on tankers coveralls.

Any experience actually wearing them?

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Thu May 31, 2018 6:10 am

MyLarry had several of the Navy flight suit version. They're soft, comfy, and warm.

Chowski
Burning Since: 2009

Post by Chowski » Thu May 31, 2018 4:28 pm

Problem solved: adult diapers.

pug

Post by pug » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:42 pm

So I ordered a pair off an eBay seller (search for "USED REPAIRED CVC SUIT FLIGHT SUIT MENS") and just got them yesterday.

First, it's pretty light weight - not insulated, etc. Second, holy crap there are a lot of zipper pockets all over this thing. Third, butt flap indeed will make porta potty time pretty easy without having to fully disrobe or have your cloths around your ankles on the floor.

As far as wearability in heat, I spent a few hours wearing them out in the sun doing some yard work, then moving some things around in my (hot) attic. I got a bit hot but no more than if I'd been wearing anything else really. My conclusion is that they really aren't that bad in heat, and you really don't need to wear much under them which helps. The front zipper goes waaay down so you can air out as little or as much as you want in the front, plus the sleeves have zippers up about 8" so it's easy to roll up the sleeves.

Probably the only downside is the color - your typical olive drab'ish color. Definitely need to take a trip to the fabric or craft store for some kind of colorful piping or upholstery fringe to liven them up. Maybe some integrated LEDs too? Certainly have pockets for battery packs.

Return to “Clothing & Playawear”