cooling your tent or van

Swamp Coolers, Cooler Management, Dry Ice, Misting Systems, and just plain how to beat the heat.
Drake12321
Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: no

Re: cooling your tent or van

Post by Drake12321 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:45 am

Cool fixture.

Canoe

Re: cooling your tent or van

Post by Canoe » Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:37 am

Someone wanted this, so I figured I'd make it available to all.

Maximum single-stage evaporative cooling output temperature drop potential using a Dura-Cool pad (which is 95% efficient).
(Note: Aspen media is only 85% efficient. Approximately 12% less temperature drop than shown on these graphs).
  • Look up the ambient air temperature (dry bulb) on the left axis.
  • Follow the closest line to where it meets the Relative Humidity across the bottom.
  • Find that point back on the left axis, which is the coolest possible chilled air output (for single stage evaporative cooling with a Dura-Cool pad).
  • One can see how the low humidity days on the playa are prime for some evaporative cooling. Many days hit the low teens. Some days even go to single digit Relative Humidity. (I think the lowest I've seen is 7% RH.)
  • The calculation of wet bulb from dry bulb temperature & relative humidity is done in SI units, so the data used for the graph is in Celsius. That data is converted to Fahrenheit for the imperial/F graph, so that graph doesn't have nice round values for the ambient temperature start of the lines. You'll have to estimate your distance between lines to get the most accurate value.
Max Single-Stage Evaporative Cooling Temp with Dura-Cool Pads - Celsius.png
Max Single-Stage Evaporative Cooling Temp with Dura-Cool Pads - F.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
That's one word I regret googling during breakfast.
Video games are giving kids unrealistic expectations on how many swords they can carry.
, but don't harm the red dragon that frequents the area from time to time. He and I have an agreement.

Return to “Keeping Cool”