Drawing air though a swamp cooler with a heat Chimney.

Swamp Coolers, Cooler Management, Dry Ice, Misting Systems, and just plain how to beat the heat.
Gridless
Burning Since: 2019

Drawing air though a swamp cooler with a heat Chimney.

Post by Gridless » Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:59 am

Hi All,
Just can't let loose of this cooling with air drawn though and swamp cooler with a heat Chimney. I have drawn several possibilities on SketchUp. On one layout I had a separate block building maybe 30'x30' with a black metal sloped roof. The heat builds up in the building and heads up the Chimney. I am in Arizona and I can promise you that the heat will be amazing inside the block house. I was hoping that the shear volume would be enough to draw air through and swamp cooler, then through the house and back to the Heat box building. Sounds like I would be spending too much money to get the cooling. However, this was a study or 20 container houses each with a underground connection to the heat house. In winter there could be fans in the ducts and they might reverse the action. Just me thinking. Anyone out there that can see any possibilities?

Gridless

Token
Burning Since: 2001

Re: Drawing air though a swamp cooler with a heat Chimney.

Post by Token » Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:35 pm

That is as old as Ancient Rome.

They built their homes on cisterns and water channels and drew air through those up through the house and the prominent chimney.

Well, at least the rich folks had that.

Labor was cheap back then.

Return to “Keeping Cool”