Aluminet type and Costco carport dimensions

Swamp Coolers, Cooler Management, Dry Ice, Misting Systems, and just plain how to beat the heat.
Kljones77
Burning Since: 2004

Aluminet type and Costco carport dimensions

Post by Kljones77 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:44 pm

Any recs on best aluminet fabric to purchase? I assume the 80% but wanted to doublecheck before plopping down the cash. I also saw a "desert festival aluminet cloth"which is much more expensive. Any guesses on if it is worth the money?

Another question for you shade experts. I'm looking to cover a Costco carport as well as one of the long sides. Figure I need 20 feet wide but not sure about the length. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

MrFortuna
Burning Since: 2016

Re: Aluminet type and Costco carport dimensions

Post by MrFortuna » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:03 am

I use a 20' x 20' 70% panel for my carport shade. Paid ~$0.50 per sq ft (with grommets on edges). Bought from a garden shop online. It covers one side to the ground, and comes up short a bit on the other.

Token
Burning Since: 2001

Re: Aluminet type and Costco carport dimensions

Post by Token » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:39 am

Best answer is to have a friend over for pizza and beer, assemble the frame, get a tape measure and go to town.

Aluminet is aluminet. Shops that name it something else then hike up the price are just ripping people off.

70% is the tested and proven type.

80% was released later and may be a touch better but lower availability may have the price a bit jacked.

Return to “Keeping Cool”