Right upfront, I want to link the old thread here: http://eplaya.burningman.org/viewtopic.php?f=282&t=54759
, wherein I thought it would be a great idea to gift clown Noses to everyone at Burning Man 2012 (should they accept the gift)
And if you don't know much about WhyTheNose, it's simple:
I wear a clown nose in public every day, everywhere, just to make people smile and perhaps, break through their shell and impart a bit of happiness and our ethos.
I've been doing this for over a year now and it's changed my life and the lives of many others
The site is [url]WhyTheNose.com[/url]
My original idea was, indeed, problematic and last month I finally codified an idea which embraces Fertility 2.0 and potentially involves every pARTcipant on the Playa this year!
Here's my new mission and so far, everyone I've told loves it:
At Center Camp Cafe, I'll have WhyTheNose art and experiences on display, along with two barrels...one WITH thousands of Noses available and one that's empty.
You can grab a Nose or two or three and that's my gift to you, THANKS FOR SPREADING THE LOVE
You can ALSO grab a Nose and place it in the "empty" barrel, where there will be an iPad mounted above it.
You'll then type in your name and email. After Burning Man, I'll send you a mail, asking for YOUR STORY...what you'd like to impart to the person I send or give that Nose to, off-Playa.
I'LL GIFT A NOSE TO SOMEONE ELSE AROUND THE WORLD, COURTESY OF YOU AND YOUR ARE THEN CONNECTED TO THAT RANDOM PERSON!
What would you tell them? What would you like to let them know about you and your life and your experience at Burning Man this year? What wisdom or tomfoolery can you inspire them with?
This is your chance to give a little bit of joy to someone else and let them know about Burning Man from YOUR PERSPECTIVE
PROCREATE FERTILITY 2.0, spreading our ethos FROM the Playa OUTWARD to THOUSANDS, one Nose at a time!
I'm working on sending them out from the Black Rock City Post Office too
Here's the video to explain it again http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHxcDx1s00c
I KNOW THERE ARE QUESTIONS:
* What will keep the Noses from becoming MOOP at Center Camp Cafe?
- There will be a sheet of heavy latex attached to the top of each barrel with a slit in it, large enough for hands. No Noses should escape either barrel!
* How will you contact us for our story?
- After the Burn, I'll collect all the entries in the iPad, email everyone and ask for your submissions. If you choose to allow me, I'll post them on the [url]WhyTheNose.com[/url] site and archive this massive outreach. Maybe I'll even make a short form documentary!
* How will you mail a clown nose?
- I'm working on small envelopes and other ways to effectively mail Noses everywhere. The cost in the USA is around .50 cents for postage and supplies (less Noses costs)
* Will the Noses you send actually be from the Playa?
- YEP! They'll probably have a bit of dust on them, but not much and I'll give them a good airing-out! Still, it's YOUR story going with the Nose, FROM the Playa to a stranger with YOUR story attached.
If this interest you, I need help.
1. Help in getting out the word about the fundraising site:
Facebook Page here:https://www.facebook.com/events/341073772612487/
2. Drop by Center Camp Cafe and pARTicipate!
3. If you'd like to grab Noses and make ART with people, PLEASE DO!
Thanks and please contact me here or email@example.com
I've already started the project and donations are coming in on the first day
Thanks Burning Man and our communities for making this dream possible, every.single.day!
BONUS Video from PreCompression SFhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XX5ylIk7sA