Barbie Death Village 2012: More Decadence, Less Tolerance

Discuss and share theme camp plans, find a camp to join, or recruit new campmates here.
Ninzy

Re: Barbie Death Village 2012: More Decadence, Less Toleranc

Postby Ninzy » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:56 am

Heh MDF

Wow I had a massive tub of it which I gifted to one of the ladies who was doing Henna tattooing, she'd not heard about it either but was really interested when I told her so took a tub out for her. I'm stocking up now so will be glad to gift it to BDC for tattoo fun! It is pretty awesome stuff and looks real but only for two weeks!

Ninz
Ur just jealous cos the Voices are talking to ME!

wh..sh

Postby wh..sh » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:01 am

Ninzy wrote:Heh MDF

Wow I had a massive tub of it which I gifted to one of the ladies who was doing Henna tattooing, she'd not heard about it either but was really interested when I told her so took a tub out for her. I'm stocking up now so will be glad to gift it to BDC for tattoo fun! It is pretty awesome stuff and looks real but only for two weeks!

Ninz

In that case, I am going to get myself a tramp stamp :twisted:
In my world there's only legible and more legible.

-Bob

illy dilly
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Gnome Dome

Postby illy dilly » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:00 am

The Jagua looks awesome!!!

How long does the Jagua last?
I've wanted a Henna handle bar mustache for yeas. But I'm always worried that if I don't get it done on Monday, I'll have to scrub the sh*t out of my lip when I get home.
Why don't ya stick your head in that hole and find out? ~piehole
Plan for the worst, expect the best. Make the most out of it under any conditions. If you cannot do that you will never enjoy yourself. ~CrispyDave

Ninzy

Postby Ninzy » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:14 am

Jagua lasts up to two weeks! I went a lil nuts with it the first time round, I thought they was chatting shit and a marketing ploy when I read two weeks but after a week holiday dossing round England I returned with arms that would have put some die hards to shame - needless to say my manager was not impressed! So I went and got some more ;-)

MisaBlue
Burning Since: 2010

Postby MisaBlue » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:36 am

That sounds great! Thank you Ninzy :twisted:

(Is there special brand you would recommend?)

Ninzy

Postby Ninzy » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:54 am

No special brand as such as its all pretty much made in the same place
I did initially purchase my Jagua from a website called jaguatattoo only to find out you can buy it cheaper on ebay and in bulk too!
Have a look at earthhenna.com for some ideas!
I downloaded some pics from the net and traced them on stencil paper and then outlined with a graphic pencil and pressed on my skin - a friend with a steady hand then went over it with the Jagua - it rocks

MyDearFriend
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp THIRTEENTH BARBIE

Postby MyDearFriend » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:31 am

Oh (((Ninz))) that sounds so awesome. 8) I can't wait to try that!
"You can be whoever you want to be, and sometimes people laugh and sometimes they clap, and mostly and beautifully they don't really care."

gyre

Postby gyre » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:46 pm

Dr. Pyro
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Postby Dr. Pyro » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:23 am

Who doesn't?!

tamarakay
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Postby tamarakay » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:42 am

I'm in. I'd love to be decorated. And we all know how much I love to decorate bodies lol
When the only tool you got is a hammer, every problem looks like a hippie.

Mmmmmm I love the smell of Burning Man - Token

Getting overly dramatic about the ticket sale process is so 2012. - Maladroit

http://www.dyewithdignity.com

ygmir
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Postby ygmir » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:44 am

*runs out to find paint brushes*
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

unjonharley
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Elliot's naked bycycel repair

Postby unjonharley » Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:10 pm

Now that I'm getting a ticket..

I'll have to make that diorama for BDV that's been in the planing stage.

International Incident
Camp Name: P6 - a Barbie Death Village production

Postby International Incident » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:40 pm

So campmates,

Not sure whether this is the right place to put this but...

I have a ticket for 2012 (volunteer ticket) but am happy to enter into the lottery for other people if they don't have a credit card

Does anyone want me to register for the $420 draw?

If I was succesful you would need to pay me through bank transfer (or through a western union) and your tickets would be "will call".

My credit card can tolerate up to two tickets at the $420 price.

Cheers

Mel
Last edited by International Incident on Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

theCryptofishist

Postby theCryptofishist » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:01 pm

I'm not sure it should be on the board at all. I hate saying that, but Trilo has repeatedly said that people in the llc are reading the board. Maybe it's only the ticket threads...
Last edited by theCryptofishist on Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

International Incident

Postby International Incident » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:06 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:I'm not sure it should be on the board at all. I hate saying that, but Trilo has repeatedly said that people in the llc are reading the board. Maybe it's only the ticket threads, but

Hell, I don't know what to say. You still have 40 minutes to replace that with something innocuous, although this post would possibly indicate something...

I've edited it to say that it is for people who don't have a credit card.

I figure that's fair. I'm not scalping for trying to buy them to sell them on...

just an offer to help campmates who don't have a credit card. If there is a problem with then, well, I guess I'm not sure why that is a problem.

What have I missed?

theCryptofishist

Postby theCryptofishist » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:12 pm

Have you been following the ticket lottery thing at all? As far as I can tell, they are trying to keep people from getting too many, from hording, from selling at more than the printed price. I don't know how severe the repercussions will be, but I'm thinking "you're trying to get too many, now you will get none" is on the table. And as this is the first year of the new system we have no idea how efficient the controls will be.

Of course, you're only offering to help somebody in your camp without a credit card, or someone who can only pay on the installment plan, get a ticket. Commendable of you.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.

International Incident

Postby International Incident » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:22 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:Have you been following the ticket lottery thing at all? As far as I can tell, they are trying to keep people from getting too many, from hording, from selling at more than the printed price. I don't know how severe the repercussions will be, but I'm thinking "you're trying to get too many, now you will get none" is on the table. And as this is the first year of the new system we have no idea how efficient the controls will be.

Of course, you're only offering to help somebody in your camp without a credit card, or someone who can only pay on the installment plan, get a ticket. Commendable of you.

I've not been following the lottery posts - I kinda gave up. Figure it will all sort itself out in the long run. But also know that lots of my American friends don't have credit cards... or the ability to pull together another cash at one time to get a prepaid one.

I have the means to help. I'm sure there will be lots of burners doing this for their friends :)

ygmir

Postby ygmir » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:26 pm

melaniejane wrote:
theCryptofishist wrote:Have you been following the ticket lottery thing at all? As far as I can tell, they are trying to keep people from getting too many, from hording, from selling at more than the printed price. I don't know how severe the repercussions will be, but I'm thinking "you're trying to get too many, now you will get none" is on the table. And as this is the first year of the new system we have no idea how efficient the controls will be.

I've not been following the lottery posts - I kinda gave up. Figure it will all sort itself out in the long run. But also know that lots of my American friends don't have credit cards... or the ability to pull together another cash at one time to get a prepaid one.

I have the means to help. I'm sure there will be lots of burners doing this for their friends :)

see, that's a struggle I'm having, too.
each year, I get gift/favor tickets for friends, and have all the fun in the "queue" and all that.
Since I don't need the ticket myself, it's just that.
But, I'm not sure where propriety stands, regarding this lotto thing and relating to gift/favor tickets.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

theCryptofishist

Postby theCryptofishist » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:29 pm

ygmir wrote:
melaniejane wrote:

each year, I get gift/favor tickets for friends, and have all the fun in the "queue" and all that.
But, I'm not sure where propriety stands, regarding this lotto thing and relating to gift/favor tickets.

They specifically want to maintain the tradition of gift tickets (which is why it's four in the pre-sale) and such uses as lotteries to raise camp or art funds. So, I don't think they check tickets by department against ticket sales. Maybe I should ask, as I'm just buying the one, or maybe a second, in case someone in Terminal City is caught short. (Simon's scramble last year has me a little scared).
The Lady with a Lamprey

International Incident

Postby International Incident » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:32 pm

ygmir wrote:
melaniejane wrote:

Oh well, If I get in trouble then I guess we will know!

But, I've decided to get a ticket to gift to someone anyway.... but whether I do that at the high end price or the lower end price is the issue. Our dollar is at aparity at the moment, it might drop again soon... so betting on currency exchange is also part of the issue as to what an extra ticket will cost me.

meh. Just bring on August already!
Last edited by International Incident on Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

theCryptofishist

Postby theCryptofishist » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:38 pm

A toast! August!

*clink*
The Lady with a Lamprey

ygmir

Postby ygmir » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:40 pm

clink
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

Patsh

Postby Patsh » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:41 pm

I'll drink to that!!

C'mon, August!! :P

assuming, of course, we ALL have our tickets by then!!
formerly, Triken

keep on triken' Mamma!
Triken' ma blues away....

Theatre is Life
Cinema is Art
Television is Furniture

Dr. Pyro
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Postby Dr. Pyro » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:33 pm

Mel, my opinion (as uninformed as it may be) is that you need not worry about the $400+ tickets. Should you consider "bidding" for one of the $320 (or whatever they're going for) tickets I can almost assure you that they will be "awarded" to you. And we will have Barbiebarians who come July will need them. If I may suggest, save (some) of your cash and go for a second- or third-tier (like me and Blowfish are going to do, as we do every year) ticket. The lottery will not, in all likelihood, screw those who are wishing to pay more to help out their less-fortunate bretheren. But I think I know you well enough to know you'll do as you see fit, which is why we all love you.

maryanimal

Postby maryanimal » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:11 pm

Ninzy wrote:I'll volunteer for the Spa - quite happy to do threading and facials (no comments ok or I will bitch slap u) - i'm talking the ayurverdic type facials

TattooGoddess - how are u at working with Jagua - I gifted lots of it to playans who were doing tattoo's (surprised that no one had even heard of it to be honest - this is where u are probably gonna say WTF is Jagua)

Ninzy, do you use the Jagua extract or the gel? Which is easier?
Sometimes I'm confused by what I think is really obvious. But what I think is really obvious obviously isn't obvious.

MyDearFriend
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp THIRTEENTH BARBIE

Postby MyDearFriend » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:13 pm

Dr. Pyro wrote:Mel, my opinion (as uninformed as it may be) is that you need not worry about the $400+ tickets. Should you consider "bidding" for one of the $320 (or whatever they're going for) tickets I can almost assure you that they will be "awarded" to you. And we will have Barbiebarians who come July will need them. If I may suggest, save (some) of your cash and go for a second- or third-tier (like me and Blowfish are going to do, as we do every year) ticket. The lottery will not, in all likelihood, screw those who are wishing to pay more to help out their less-fortunate bretheren. But I think I know you well enough to know you'll do as you see fit, which is why we all love you.

+1000

:D :D :D

Counting the days, Mel... I miss you!
"You can be whoever you want to be, and sometimes people laugh and sometimes they clap, and mostly and beautifully they don't really care."

International Incident

Postby International Incident » Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:38 pm

melaniejane wrote:
melaniejane wrote:

Oh well, If I get in trouble then I guess we will know!

But, I've decided to get a ticket to gift to someone anyway.... but whether I do that at the high end price or the lower end price is the issue. Our dollar is at aparity at the moment, it might drop again soon... so betting on currency exchange is also part of the issue as to what an extra ticket will cost me.

meh. Just bring on August already!

And the ballot entered and if succesful the ticket is allocated.

Ugly Dougly
Burning Since: 1996

Postby Ugly Dougly » Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:43 pm

ygmir wrote:*runs out to find paint brushes*

Can't find any brushes?
Oh, well, I guess we'll resort to finger painting..... :roll:

theCryptofishist

Postby theCryptofishist » Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:06 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=lX2qY0DGsL8[/youtube]
The Lady with a Lamprey

FIGJAM

Postby FIGJAM » Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:27 pm

:(
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

"If I can't find an answer, I'll create one!!!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me

Return to “2012 Theme Camps”