BASSHENGE Wants You In 2012

Discuss and share theme camp plans, find a camp to join, or recruit new campmates here.
User avatar
NessaZee
Posts: 161
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:50 pm
Location: Western Canada
Contact:

Re: BASSHENGE Wants You In 2012

Postby NessaZee » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:49 am

BASShenge wrote:<snip>
Image
</snip>


why do you have this pic in your original post?

ps, that pic is from 2009
~Om-Nom-Nom~~simplicity is potent~~handjob gallery~~the best is yet to come~

User avatar
Katiebaby25
Posts: 87
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:57 pm
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Space Gnomes
Location: Calgary, Alberta

Re: BASSHENGE Wants You In 2012

Postby Katiebaby25 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:17 pm

duffdog wrote:Hey Basshenge...

I sincerely hope you reconsider playing any dubstep on a 100kw system.




I could make a snarky comment about the sound system in your picture, but I won't. I already know what it sounds like ;)


I have enjoyed the sound system in that picture many times!! PK sound rocks! Especially in The Village :D
*Sgnoflake*
Space Gnomes <;)

BASShenge
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:55 pm

Re: BASSHENGE Wants You In 2012

Postby BASShenge » Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:21 pm

That photo was to give a idea of what we are planning on bringing out. DUBSTEP i hear ya. we have one night of dub planned. we got all genres rocking the henge. World, House, Techno, Chill, Dub, Moontribe, and one more day that isnt planned yet. we want everyone to know that we are not a dubstep camp. that is for sure. dub has its moments but i can understand everyone complaint. there was way to much dub on the playa. so we are working on getting a great lineup for everyone to enjoy. if you have any requests of artists you would like to hear pM me ill do my best to get them on our stage.

dj_john69
Posts: 553
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 5:18 pm
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: Root Society & Apex
Location: Nevada

Re: BASSHENGE Wants You In 2012

Postby dj_john69 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:31 pm

Im excited to see this happen. Always good to have new neighbors on the block.

Also, very glad to see the changes made about the Kickstarter stuff. Still a long way out to do plenty of fundraisers before BM is here. Good luck on those !!

Just some helpful advice, plan right now how to avoid getting a BLACK spot where BASShenge will be located. MOOP will be everywhere !! Its your problem to pick up everything from clothes to feathers, beer cans, saw dust, cig butts, sand dunes to whatever else might land around your camp. You want to see a great example as a new large sound system camp !!

Please keep us posted with pix of the progress of the building of the camp...thanks

Cheers.
Fuck you, fuck you...you're cool, fuck you !!

User avatar
5280MeV
Posts: 488
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:32 pm
Location: Nashville, TN

Re: BASSHENGE Wants You In 2012

Postby 5280MeV » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:41 pm

dj_john69 wrote: Its your problem to pick up everything from clothes to feathers, beer cans, saw dust, cig butts, sand dunes to whatever else might land around your camp. You want to see a great example as a new large sound system camp !!


Hey Sound Campers,

How helpful is it as a random person to sweep 10:00 on a few mornings for an hour or so picking up MOOP? I enjoy going out towards the morning sun and was considering doing this (among other scattered ideas). Is there so much from the previous night that a lone person with a kitchen sized bag would not help much? or does the trash not really get going until the weekend?

Just curious.
Image

User avatar
lucky420
Posts: 7383
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:47 am
Burning Since: 2020
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity
Location: Reno, NV

Re: BASSHENGE Wants You In 2012

Postby lucky420 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:33 pm

Every little bit of mooping you do helps. moop knows no boundaries or time schedules, so anytime, anyday is good to moop! You can find some interesting shit too... :mrgreen:
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

User avatar
cpart
Posts: 277
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:43 am
Burning Since: 2010
Contact:

Re: BASSHENGE Wants You In 2012

Postby cpart » Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:11 am

I'm not going unless you get Daft Punk to play. And I don't just want your word on it, I want it written in stone. If I need to donate some money to make this happen, I will.
Last edited by cpart on Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
cpart
Posts: 277
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:43 am
Burning Since: 2010
Contact:

Re: BASSHENGE Wants You In 2012

Postby cpart » Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:12 am

cpart wrote:snarfsnarf?

User avatar
piehole
Posts: 501
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:44 pm
Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: MiscreAnts
Bants
Glitter Apocalypse
Location: San Diego

Re: BASSHENGE Wants You In 2012

Postby piehole » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:53 am

Hey guys, time for someone else to chime in on this project.

After reading the thread and being a part of the Basshenge project, this is my first time on ePlaya, first time at the burn this year bottom bitch virgin opinion on the matter.

The constructive criticism provided in this thread was obviously heard and I hope we can all move forward and make this project happen.

with that said
see you on Playa!
Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

User avatar
NessaZee
Posts: 161
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:50 pm
Location: Western Canada
Contact:

Re: BASSHENGE Wants You In 2012

Postby NessaZee » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:46 am

BASShenge wrote:That photo was to give a idea of what we are planning on bringing out. DUBSTEP i hear ya. we have one night of dub planned. we got all genres rocking the henge. World, House, Techno, Chill, Dub, Moontribe, and one more day that isnt planned yet. we want everyone to know that we are not a dubstep camp. that is for sure. dub has its moments but i can understand everyone complaint. there was way to much dub on the playa. so we are working on getting a great lineup for everyone to enjoy. if you have any requests of artists you would like to hear pM me ill do my best to get them on our stage.




dub ≠ dubstep.

let's talk when and if PK commits to your project.
~Om-Nom-Nom~~simplicity is potent~~handjob gallery~~the best is yet to come~

User avatar
NessaZee
Posts: 161
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:50 pm
Location: Western Canada
Contact:

Re: BASSHENGE Wants You In 2012

Postby NessaZee » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:50 am

5280MeV wrote:
dj_john69 wrote: Its your problem to pick up everything from clothes to feathers, beer cans, saw dust, cig butts, sand dunes to whatever else might land around your camp. You want to see a great example as a new large sound system camp !!


Hey Sound Campers,

How helpful is it as a random person to sweep 10:00 on a few mornings for an hour or so picking up MOOP? I enjoy going out towards the morning sun and was considering doing this (among other scattered ideas). Is there so much from the previous night that a lone person with a kitchen sized bag would not help much? or does the trash not really get going until the weekend?

Just curious.


it is AMAZINGLY helpful. even just one person sets a great example and usually there soon will be about 5 of you doing the same thing. Moop accumulates from the start and gets worse towards the weekend.
~Om-Nom-Nom~~simplicity is potent~~handjob gallery~~the best is yet to come~

User avatar
trilobyte
Site Admin
Posts: 15952
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2004 10:54 pm
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society
Location: San Francisco
Contact:

Re: BASSHENGE Wants You In 2012

Postby trilobyte » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:12 am

I agree - anybody who wants to show love on the playa for their favorite places (sound camp, daytime bar, whatever) would be doing a great favor to the people who brought it out to the event by helping to clean up the surrounding area. Every little bit helps.

User avatar
Simon of the Playa
Posts: 17141
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:25 pm
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins
Location: Rochester, Nevada.

Re: BASSHENGE Wants You In 2012

Postby Simon of the Playa » Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:51 am

i'll third that motion...

The Heavily visited areas on the playa need extra special care and love.

Please Dancers, be Human, and Help us keep Black Rock City Clean for future Boogying.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIZdjT1472Y
"we are all naked under our clothes"

yogi berra.

Frida Be You & Me

A gift for the Playa

THIS YEARS POSTERS

2015 posters

burn,burn,burn 2016

User avatar
Stickygreen
Posts: 307
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:17 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: BASSHENGE Wants You In 2012

Postby Stickygreen » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:12 pm

BASShenge wrote:That photo was to give a idea of what we are planning on bringing out. DUBSTEP i hear ya. we have one night of dub planned. we got all genres rocking the henge. World, House, Techno, Chill, Dub, Moontribe, and one more day that isnt planned yet. we want everyone to know that we are not a dubstep camp. that is for sure. dub has its moments but i can understand everyone complaint. there was way to much dub on the playa. so we are working on getting a great lineup for everyone to enjoy. if you have any requests of artists you would like to hear pM me ill do my best to get them on our stage.


SO you're not using the PK sound system from Shambala?

or are you?
)'(

User avatar
Katiebaby25
Posts: 87
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:57 pm
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Space Gnomes
Location: Calgary, Alberta

Re: BASSHENGE Wants You In 2012

Postby Katiebaby25 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:15 pm

Stickygreen wrote:
BASShenge wrote:That photo was to give a idea of what we are planning on bringing out. DUBSTEP i hear ya. we have one night of dub planned. we got all genres rocking the henge. World, House, Techno, Chill, Dub, Moontribe, and one more day that isnt planned yet. we want everyone to know that we are not a dubstep camp. that is for sure. dub has its moments but i can understand everyone complaint. there was way to much dub on the playa. so we are working on getting a great lineup for everyone to enjoy. if you have any requests of artists you would like to hear pM me ill do my best to get them on our stage.


SO you're not using the PK sound system from Shambala?

or are you?


I'm pretty sure I saw something on PK's facebook about BASSHENGE... so I hope they are using PK sound!
*Sgnoflake*
Space Gnomes <;)

User avatar
piehole
Posts: 501
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:44 pm
Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: MiscreAnts
Bants
Glitter Apocalypse
Location: San Diego

Re: BASSHENGE Wants You In 2012

Postby piehole » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:25 pm

Savannah wrote:
Simon of the Playa wrote:Illy, nice try to recover, however as a snowboarder i am well aware of the neat trick of taking a fall and by somehow landing on my board again, make it appear to be a planned trick.

this was not subtle sly humor, this was plain bonehead.

you may call it "sarcasm", however most people would call it "what the fuck were you thinking, dude"


Maybe most of us are at our lowest in vitamin D right now, and are therefore sensitive or crotchety. (Actually, considering a lot of us went to the desert and stocked up on D, the peak of deficiency might be still to come, slightly beyond the darkest days of the year.)

"Blue Monday"--a recently invented, totally arguable, tongue-in-cheek term for the most depressing day of the year*--is supposed to be Monday, January 16, 2012, although those are (literally) UK calculations. In the US, many folks have January 16th off work for Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day, so that makes January 16th possibly too nice to be depressing. So I intend to celebrate Blue Monday on the 23rd. :lol:

* "weather conditions, debt level (the difference between debt accumulated and our ability to pay), time since Christmas, time since failing our new year’s resolutions, low motivational levels and feeling of a need to take action. "etc.

http://www.bluemonday.org/index.php/2012-2/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Monday_(date)




Sorry to revive an incredibly old post but I heard someone say this the day before the 16th at a bar and was immediately pissed because the 16th was my birthday!!

I am so glad I avoided telling my co-workers now because that would have been a horrible connotation for my birthday.

I guess they were right. Once you turn 25 its all downhill from here
:(
Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

User avatar
piehole
Posts: 501
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:44 pm
Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: MiscreAnts
Bants
Glitter Apocalypse
Location: San Diego

Re: BASSHENGE Wants You In 2012

Postby piehole » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:28 pm

piehole wrote:
Savannah wrote:
Simon of the Playa wrote:Illy, nice try to recover, however as a snowboarder i am well aware of the neat trick of taking a fall and by somehow landing on my board again, make it appear to be a planned trick.

this was not subtle sly humor, this was plain bonehead.

you may call it "sarcasm", however most people would call it "what the fuck were you thinking, dude"


Maybe most of us are at our lowest in vitamin D right now, and are therefore sensitive or crotchety. (Actually, considering a lot of us went to the desert and stocked up on D, the peak of deficiency might be still to come, slightly beyond the darkest days of the year.)

"Blue Monday"--a recently invented, totally arguable, tongue-in-cheek term for the most depressing day of the year*--is supposed to be Monday, January 16, 2012, although those are (literally) UK calculations. In the US, many folks have January 16th off work for Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day, so that makes January 16th possibly too nice to be depressing. So I intend to celebrate Blue Monday on the 23rd. :lol:

* "weather conditions, debt level (the difference between debt accumulated and our ability to pay), time since Christmas, time since failing our new year’s resolutions, low motivational levels and feeling of a need to take action. "etc.

http://www.bluemonday.org/index.php/2012-2/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Monday_(date)




Sorry to revive an incredibly old post but I heard someone say this the day before the 16th at a bar and was immediately pissed because the 16th was my birthday!!

I am so glad I avoided telling my co-workers now because that would have been a horrible connotation for my birthday.

I guess they were right. Once you turn 25 its all downhill from here
:(



And now that I've looked at the blue monday wiki page, it says the 23rd (or today) is the supposed date.
Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

User avatar
Savannah
Moderator
Posts: 12011
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:33 pm
Burning Since: 2018

Re: BASSHENGE Wants You In 2012

Postby Savannah » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:35 pm

Indeed, I consider January 23rd to be Blue Monday (official American observation), because January 16th had the saving grace of being a holiday for many in the nation. :)

User avatar
lemur
Posts: 3599
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:07 pm
Camp Name: Plug N Play Camp
Location: Madagascar

Re: BASSHENGE Wants You In 2012

Postby lemur » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:42 pm

im colorblind you insensitive clod!!!
Don't link to anything here!

User avatar
Savannah
Moderator
Posts: 12011
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:33 pm
Burning Since: 2018

Re: BASSHENGE Wants You In 2012

Postby Savannah » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:44 pm

*pulls your pigtails*

User avatar
Elorrum
Posts: 5331
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:09 pm
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Baby fell in the Bucket
Location: Reno

Re: BASSHENGE Wants You In 2012

Postby Elorrum » Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:04 pm

5280MeV wrote:How helpful is it as a random person to sweep 10:00 on a few mornings for an hour or so picking up MOOP? I enjoy going out towards the morning sun and was considering doing this (among other scattered ideas). Is there so much from the previous night that a lone person with a kitchen sized bag would not help much? or does the trash not really get going until the weekend? Just curious.

Any morning will be productive, but If you do this, you're likely to be hugged and thanked profusely, so beware. I easily filled a tall kitchen bag size. Be prepared for wet moop, lots of tossed beers, you might want a picker upper or gloves. I also ground scored some trod upon blinky lights, some worked, some not. I made a mesh scoop for last year out of a soffet vent to cut down on the amount of dust collected.
"Ask again later." - Magic 8-Ball

playadust
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:02 pm

Re: BASSHENGE Wants You In 2012

Postby playadust » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:07 pm


User avatar
piehole
Posts: 501
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:44 pm
Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: MiscreAnts
Bants
Glitter Apocalypse
Location: San Diego

Re: BASSHENGE Wants You In 2012

Postby piehole » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:47 pm

playadust wrote:it's been done...2004

http://clonehenge.wordpress.com/2008/12 ... an-nevada/



We are aware of this and still working towards making our version of stonehenge happen.
Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

pink
Posts: 1361
Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:30 am
Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Retrofrolic
Location: sacramento

Re: BASSHENGE Wants You In 2012

Postby pink » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:47 am

How about making the last night POLKA!!!!

Or the playa polkans may stage an occupation...
I'm not a slut, I'm good time floozy!

User avatar
Simon of the Playa
Posts: 17141
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:25 pm
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins
Location: Rochester, Nevada.

Re: BASSHENGE Wants You In 2012

Postby Simon of the Playa » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:26 am

.
Attachments
henge.jpg
henge.jpg (48.9 KiB) Viewed 1668 times
"we are all naked under our clothes"

yogi berra.

Frida Be You & Me

A gift for the Playa

THIS YEARS POSTERS

2015 posters

burn,burn,burn 2016

Cheyenne
Posts: 321
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:10 pm
Location: Wales!
Contact:

Re: BASSHENGE Wants You In 2012

Postby Cheyenne » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:07 pm

So does anyone know if Basshenge is going ahead? I sent them some links to the acoustical work that our collaborative people did on the actual Stonehenge for them to read before sorting out the placement etc and have not heard anything back.

And have their camp actually got their main people tickets?
313

Go Tigers!

User avatar
trilobyte
Site Admin
Posts: 15952
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2004 10:54 pm
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society
Location: San Francisco
Contact:

Re: BASSHENGE Wants You In 2012

Postby trilobyte » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:07 pm

You may care to reach out to the original poster of this thread via private message. Since they're a new camp, they most likely would not have been eligible for an allotment in the Directed Ticket Distribution program.

User avatar
piehole
Posts: 501
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:44 pm
Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: MiscreAnts
Bants
Glitter Apocalypse
Location: San Diego

Re: BASSHENGE Wants You In 2012

Postby piehole » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:17 pm

Cheyenne wrote:So does anyone know if Basshenge is going ahead? I sent them some links to the acoustical work that our collaborative people did on the actual Stonehenge for them to read before sorting out the placement etc and have not heard anything back.

And have their camp actually got their main people tickets?



http://www.facebook.com/Basshenge.2012

Check this page
Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

Jgladdy
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:33 pm

Re: BASSHENGE Wants You In 2012

Postby Jgladdy » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:36 pm

Setting up outside osiris...How will this work - two sound systems? Or will it just be the Osiris music...

User avatar
ZaphodBurner
Posts: 1339
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:05 pm
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: The Green Hour 2012 - 9:00 & D
Location: Portland, OR
Contact:

Re: BASSHENGE Wants You In 2012

Postby ZaphodBurner » Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:50 am

AntiM wrote:I wish I had money, I'd bribe y'all to play Inna Gadda Da Vida and some Sabbath.


Righteous! I have a copy of Slayer doing Inna Gadda Da Vida from the Less than Zero soundtrack.

I wonder how much would it cost to fuck a Spice Girl on the roof of a mutant vehicle.
"The Red Baron is smart.. He never spends the whole night dancing and drinking root beer.. "-The WWI Flying Ace


Return to “2012 Theme Camps”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests