Anyone else actually EXCITED for BM 2012

Fertility 2.0 - Black Rock City is a kind of Petri dish. Theme camps cling in fertile clusters to its latticework of streets, artworks tumble out of it, like pollen on the air. These nodes of interaction mutate, grow and reproduce their kind. Burning Man communities have now escaped this capsule world: our culture in a Petri dish has effloresced - it spreads across five continents. This year's art theme contemplates the tendency of any being or living system to create abundant life.
gussa

Re: Anyone else actually EXCITED for BM 2012

Post by gussa » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:17 pm

OK I have to pipe up on this one. We're coming with a small crew, and for most of us this is our first burn but I feel like I've been waiting for it all my life. This has been over ten years in the making, I've wanted to go to Burning Man since 2001 when I came across it in a long-forgotten article online. Every year I've talked about it, every year it hasn't worked out for one reason or the other (never having lived in the US hasn't helped). Typically, the year I finally got it together and managed to drum up the cash/flights/time to pull it off I ran headfirst into the disaster that was ticketing.

It's been an interesting introduction into seeing how strong the actual community is though - talk about investment. Never seen so many people care so much about a festival (and I've been to many, all over the world). Lots of good American neuroticism on display throughout the fiasco too :) Fortunately I got lucky in the lottery, and even better, we've got a group of beautiful, ridiculous, willing and helpful people together who are totally committed to having the most fun possible wherever they are. Quite simply, born to Burn.

So... now I am so excited I find myself logging into ePlaya every day instead of writing my PhD like I'm supposed to. August 27th feels like a lifetime away. I am dreaming about it (even though I've never been), I am thinking about costumes, transport, plans, and am pretty much incapable of concentrating on anything else. I have NEVER IN MY LIFE looked forward to anything as much as I am looking forward to finally making it to Burning Man in 2012 with my lover, my best friends and 50 000 other incredible people from all over the world. Bring. It. On.
“Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring.”

- Desmond Tutu

ZaphodBurner
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: The Green Hour 2012 - 9:00 & D

Post by ZaphodBurner » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:45 pm

I mentioned to Trilo a few minutes ago that I went to a fundraiser for a PDX camp and it was one of the hottest, most positive dance parties I've ever seen in Portland. The torches are a lit, the city's on fire, people are getting tickets somehow or another, and the energy is electric.

Fuck YES we're excited. My wife works in education and we can only go every other year so the idea of having to sit a year out doesn't hurt us as badly as others, but, I was afraid we'd have to wait for 2014.

I hope everybody reading this gets tickets. When/if you do, this year or the next, let me tell you that the words "We're going to Burning Man" are sweeter on the lips than ever.
"The Red Baron is smart.. He never spends the whole night dancing and drinking root beer.. "-The WWI Flying Ace

Jgladdy

Post by Jgladdy » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:15 am

Good to hear that PDX has some good folks coming :).

Mojojita

Post by Mojojita » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:27 am

gussa - your enthusiasm just makes my day. I hope I am the Greeter that gets to hug you and say "Welcome Home".
gussa wrote:OK I have to pipe up on this one. We're coming with a small crew, and for most of us this is our first burn but I feel like I've been waiting for it all my life. This has been over ten years in the making, I've wanted to go to Burning Man since 2001 when I came across it in a long-forgotten article online. Every year I've talked about it, every year it hasn't worked out for one reason or the other (never having lived in the US hasn't helped). Typically, the year I finally got it together and managed to drum up the cash/flights/time to pull it off I ran headfirst into the disaster that was ticketing.

It's been an interesting introduction into seeing how strong the actual community is though - talk about investment. Never seen so many people care so much about a festival (and I've been to many, all over the world). Lots of good American neuroticism on display throughout the fiasco too :) Fortunately I got lucky in the lottery, and even better, we've got a group of beautiful, ridiculous, willing and helpful people together who are totally committed to having the most fun possible wherever they are. Quite simply, born to Burn.

So... now I am so excited I find myself logging into ePlaya every day instead of writing my PhD like I'm supposed to. August 27th feels like a lifetime away. I am dreaming about it (even though I've never been), I am thinking about costumes, transport, plans, and am pretty much incapable of concentrating on anything else. I have NEVER IN MY LIFE looked forward to anything as much as I am looking forward to finally making it to Burning Man in 2012 with my lover, my best friends and 50 000 other incredible people from all over the world. Bring. It. On.
Ut ballista es interdico, tantum interdico mos fui ballista.

gussa

Post by gussa » Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:37 am

Hope so too Mojojita! Whoever it is, they are going to get some serious bloody hugs.

have just read this again and realised that I sound like something from a slasher movie.
“Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring.”

- Desmond Tutu

Brenda

Post by Brenda » Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:08 am

Oh Man, I can't wait!!!!

HandJamMasterC
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Camp D.O.A.

Post by HandJamMasterC » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:01 am

************************THE FOLLOWING IS A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT************************

DON'T FORGET YOUR BACON !!!

BACON ! That should get almost any Burner excited..................... :D
CAMP D.O.A.

Fun As A Scorched Earth Policy...........

https://sites.google.com/site/campdoa/

illy dilly
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Gnome Dome

Post by illy dilly » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:02 am

I'm super excited for this year!
We're probably going to end up scaling our camp back a little bit. Which, after a couple of years of going bigger and better, will be kind of nice. We're also only bringing 1 virgin this year.
Camp will be smaller and simpler, it will give us a hell of a lot more time to see the city and actually experience Burning Man.

Plus, we're camping with a couple other experienced burners which will truly make things exciting.
Why don't ya stick your head in that hole and find out? ~piehole
Plan for the worst, expect the best. Make the most out of it under any conditions. If you cannot do that you will never enjoy yourself. ~CrispyDave

iconoplastyfervor

Post by iconoplastyfervor » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:39 am

I've been wanting to go for many years. After seeing friends' pics and watching videos and drooling over the glorious madness, I was determined to go this year. I chose not to despair about the lottery ticket shortage. I followed the tense posts on Eplaya. It was a real learning experience, one that actually changed me in some important ways. Keeping up the positive vibes paid off, and I was lucky enough to be awarded a LI ticket. Despite trying to remain unattached to the idea of going, I am nevertheless ebullient after realizing that I will be on the Playa this year, finally! I know the BM vibes will propagate and touch all those who did not get a ticket. I would be happy that it was happening even if not going in this respect. But, yes, VERY excited to go this year!
Drinking for my blood type.

Fuse is lit, Ray. Windows are up.

MyPlayaUserName
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Ass Stamp Camp

Post by MyPlayaUserName » Tue May 01, 2012 9:31 pm

Actually excited is an understatement. I feel like something needs to burst out of my thorax, with joy. I got word I was awarded a low income ticket a few hours ago, and it is definitely just as magical as that moment when my ticket has come in the mail in past years. Since my first burn in 2007, I haven't ever waited so close to the burn to know whether or not I was going. People always mistake me for a virgin because I am young and enthusiastic, but it's just that ever year I'm able to return I'm happier than the one prior. And every year the adjustment to the climate is admittedly easier, so I tend to be less over-dressed.

Burning Man has inspired my daily life so much, I almost feel bad going this year and taking the place of someone who is yet to feel its magic. But I also wouldn't trade my ticket for anything in the world. I feel unbelievably fortunate to continue to be a part of this experience. Now, I just can't wait to stress about finding a camp spot!!!!! Oh, and to think I've lost whatever documentation I need to get my ticket at will call. Bring on the panic. Bring on the dust. Let's make this the best one yet.

clocksnmirrors
Burning Since: 2012

Post by clocksnmirrors » Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:56 pm

DanusLight wrote:I. CAN'T. WAIT.
+1

catinthefunnyhat

Post by catinthefunnyhat » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:45 pm

I'm tingly.
If you want drama to stop following you everywhere, try letting go of the leash.

Sheyanah

Post by Sheyanah » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:08 pm

What a rollercoaster! Got my LI ticket, but my fiance got a denial email, so couldn't get excited. Held onto that restrained excitement for over a month - then he got an email saying they had some cancellations & were able to reconsider his application, and he was awarded his!! All that pent-up frustration fell off my shoulders right then & there. SUPER DUPER EXCITED for August!! Marrying my best friend on Saturday, taking off from Iowa to Black Rock City on Sunday morning. best summer ever
"I gotta go google some goggles."

Savannah
Burning Since: 2025

Post by Savannah » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:54 pm

Whoa! :shock:

Congratulations, Sheyanah!
*** The Burning Man Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle

Sheyanah

Post by Sheyanah » Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:11 am

Thanx Savannah! A buddy of mine who is a Burner knew of our ticketing situation & stopped by my work place and gave me a baggy full of what he said to be "magic playa dust". It sat on my shelf at home for the month we were waiting & searching for a ticket for Chris. When we got the ticket I gave the bag back to my friend (who was himself without a ticket) & then a week later I found a ticket for him via Facebook and our regional network. Playa Magic indeed :wink:
"I gotta go google some goggles."

binaryuplink
Burning Since: 2003

Post by binaryuplink » Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:40 pm

Wow I haven't logged in to eplaya since 2004. Some how i was magically able to remember my password. 8)

But yeah the ticket gods, time off work gods and any other gods that get involved in this kind of thing smiled upon me this year. And i will be making it back to the playa after 3 years away!

I cant wait to see how the insanity has evolved while i have been away!
blea!!!

CapSmashy
Camp Name: Terminal City://404 Village Not Found

Post by CapSmashy » Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:48 pm

I am desperately trying to not be excited, but it is not working very well.
Playawaste Raiders cordially invites you to suck it.

shykat

Post by shykat » Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:30 pm

I think i can smell and taste the dust....NOW........fuck yea im excited.....
I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to ...Jimi Hendrix

BBadger
Burning Since: 2010

Post by BBadger » Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:49 pm

When you get excited, snort a line of playa dust you dumped out of last year's tent. That'll clear you up real quick.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.

trinfinity
Burning Since: 2012

Post by trinfinity » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:39 pm

Hell yes, I am so excited I could jump up and down the whole day boingboingboing...

Morrell

Post by Morrell » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:19 pm

Excited 2.0!!!

Return to “2012 Theme”