Walking from Will Call to Center Camp?

Bikes, trikes, personal mobility and getting to/from the event - this is the place to discuss general transportation issues.
asinglecandle
Burning Since: 2016

Walking from Will Call to Center Camp?

Post by asinglecandle » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:02 pm

How far a walk is that? I am riding with folks who already have paper tix in hand. Mine is at will call. I love to walk, was wondering about having them drop me at will call instead of waiting for me to wait in line. Then I'd just walk to our camp which is very close to Center Camp.

How far is it?

Canoe

Re: Walking from Will Call to Center Camp?

Post by Canoe » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:18 pm

The rule is, you can't walk through Gate into Burning Man.

The vehicle that brought you, and has your belongings & camping supplies, must wait while you get your ticket (there's a waiting area for vehicles), then you all go through the security check and ticket check together in the vehicle that brought you. It's a mess of traffic past Gate.

For the same reason, you can't get, say a taxi, to drive you to BM and drop you before Will Call & Gate.

Some people who carry all their stuff to Will Call manage to find someone to give them a lift from Will Call.
Video games are giving kids unrealistic expectations on how many swords they can carry.
... but don't harm the red dragon that frequents the area from time to time. He and I have an agreement.

asinglecandle
Burning Since: 2016

Post by asinglecandle » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:20 pm

Ok, thanks Canoe! Appreciate it.

Captain Goddammit
Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: First Camp

Post by Captain Goddammit » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:50 pm

Also, it’s a really long way
GreyCoyote: "At this rate it wont be long before he is Admiral Fukkit."

Return to “Bikes & Transportation”